10 Best Electric Razor For Acne Prone Skin in 2018
What is the best electric razor for acne prone skin? If you’re a guy, you probably don’t have a clue, and why would you, after all, skin is skin, right. When it comes to skincare, it usually gets lumped into the beauty segment of talk shows, blogs and podcasts. As a result, men have traditionally refrained from it, thinking it a feminine concern. But, that was yesterday.
For any hot-blooded male, the central idea for looking good is, you feel good, and while your clothes, your style, and etiquette play a crucial role in cultivating your own personal style, grooming also plays an important part in the process. Let’s face it. Men’s faces are also prone to many of the same problems women face too, meaning it’s not unusual for men to go through a rough patch with acne every once in a while. But, that doesn’t mean you need to come under the influence of all the marketing BS and buy flowery products. On the other hand, there are some products you do need. Keeping that in mind, we cannot extol the virtues of using the best electric shaver for acne prone skin enough.
The caring of your skin while shaving is crucial to not only looking good, but feeling confident in your own skin. On the other hand, having sub-par grooming habits will only lead to infections, rashes and acne that will affect your appearance and how you feel about your appearance. Sure, you can use any electric shaver you find online to get the results you want, but that line of thought certainly does not help you in the quest to keep your skin healthy while still getting the perfect shave, using the top-rated electric shavers for acne prone skin however, will.
In a sense, investing in any one of the best electric shavers shows your commitment to relaxation, knowing you’re not only looking good, but feeling good as well, without having to deal with the annoying itch of acne. Besides, who has time to make the trip to the barber for a traditional straight-razor shave anyway? The following are the best electric shaver for acne prone-skin reviews to guide you towards the perfect shave, because even if you’ve mastered the art of the shave, you are going to need products such as these to banish stubborn acne breakouts.
- 1 10 Top Rated Electric Razor for Acne Prone Skin
- 2 10 Best Electric Razor for Acne Prone Skin Reviews
- 2.1 1. Panasonic ES8103S 3-Blade Electric Shaver
- 2.2 2. Braun 3 Series 390CC-4 Shaver
- 2.3 3. Philips Norelco Electric Shaver 8900
- 2.4 4. Panasonic ES-LA63-S Arc4 Electric Razor
- 2.5 5. Braun Series 7- 790cc Pulsonic Shaver System
- 2.6 6. Philips Norelco 1150X/46 Shaver 6100
- 2.7 7. Panasonic ES8243A Arc4 Electric Razor
- 2.8 8. Philips Norelco Electric shaver 3100, S3310/81
- 2.9 9. Remington F5-5800 Foil Shaver
- 2.10 10. SURKER 3 In 1 Professional Electric Razor
- 3 How to Shave for Acne Prone Skin
- 4 Tips on Shaving for Acne Prone Skin
- 5 What to Look for When Buying the Best Electric Razor for Acne Prone Skin
- 6 How to Properly Maintain Electric Razor
- 7 Get the Best Electric Razor for Your Acne Prone Skin
10 Top Rated Electric Razor for Acne Prone Skin
In order to help people choose the best electric razor for acne prone skin, we have articulated a list of razors that have combined style and functionality in a seamless fashion. These top rated electric razors are mentioned below.
|Picture||Electric Razor||Type||Price||Our Rating|
|Panasonic ES8103S Arc3 Electric Shaver||Foil||$$|
|Braun 3Series 390CC-4 Shaver||Foil||$$$|
|Philips Norelco Electric Shaver 8900||Rotary||$$$|
|Panasonic ES-LA63-S Arc4 Electric Razor||Foil||$$|
|Braun Series 7 790cc Electric Foil Shaver||Foil||$$$|
|Philips Norelco 1150X/46 Shaver 6100||Rotary||$$|
|Panasonic ES8243A Arc4 Electric Razor||Foil||$$|
|Philips Norelco Electric shaver 3100||Rotary||$|
|Remington F5-5800 Foil Shaver||Foil||$|
|SURKER 3 In 1 Professional Electric Razor||Rotary||$|
The interactive comparison table has 5 columns which are.
• Electric Razor pictures
• Brand and model name – (click to view more details or to purchase)
• Razor Type
• Price – These are approximate prices on Amazon.com. Here is the price legend.
- $ = under $50,
- $$ = $50 to $100,
- $$$ = $100 to $150,
- $$$$ = $200+
• Rating – These are our ratings on a 1 to 5 scale.
Now that you have seen what is available, let us take a quick look at the reviews of the best electric razor for acne prone skin.
10 Best Electric Razor for Acne Prone Skin Reviews
The key element to getting the perfect shave for those who have acne is to use the best electric razor for acne prone skin. Keeping that simple, but all-important fact in mind it’s easy to see that shaving with these 10 electric razors for acne prone skin is so easy you can do it in your sleep (but we suggest you stay awake during the process!). So, here we go. Let’s dive into the reviews.
1. Panasonic ES8103S 3-Blade Electric Shaver
What sets the Panasonic ES8103S apart from the rest is its nanotech blades, which are precision polished, with the inner blade set at 30 degrees to give you that smooth shave. This sleek shaver from Panasonic also sports a 13,000RPM linear motor that prevents any skin irritation, which usually leads to the breakout of acne. The ES8103S also features an adjustable pivot action of the head which gives the user total control over the shaver while it’s being use, resulting to a more accurate shave. Whether you splash water, use lather or go old-school and shave dry, the Panasonic ES8103S is able to give you a perfect, smooth shave quickly, so that you can get on with the rest of the day. The device is also 100% washable and includes a sonic vibration cleaning mode.
2. Braun 3 Series 390CC-4 Shaver
Shave irritation is common among men. If you’re dealing with red bumps and itchy skin its time you used the right tool for the job, like the Braun 3 Series perhaps! The Braun 3 Series 390CC-4 shaver includes a shaver, along with a cleaning and charging station. The sleek black casing and blue highlights of the 3 Series makes it one of the more stylish professional shavers out there. Similar to the Panasonic ES8103S, the Braun 3 Series can adapt to every contour and angle of your jaw, giving you the complete shave without having to go through the same area twice thanks to the three adaptive cutting blades of the shaver. The foil used in the 3 Series is made from Braun’s patented SensoFoil technology, designed for sensitive skin.
The three-action shaver, shaves, clips and trims well, though it only has one speed setting, unlike Braun’s high-end models. That being said, considering the results of the Braun 3 Series 390CC-4, the single speed setting is all you need. All the maintenance in the 2 Series is taken care by the newly introduced, Clean & Renew system, which is easy to use and completes the tasks of clean, charge and lubricate automatically with a simple press of a button. Perfect for the man on the go.
3. Philips Norelco Electric Shaver 8900
This wet and dry shaver by Philips takes perfection to a whole new level, or shall we say- layer. The V-track precision blades move in eight different direction, giving you a close shave. The Wet and Dry system introduced with the Philips Norelco Electric Shaver 8900 also features Contour Detect Technology that can cut hair up to 30% closer than electric shavers. You also get a click-on styler with five different length settings so that you can change your look according to the occasion.
The Norelco Electric Shaver 8900 features a LED display that indicates the battery level, so you can keep it juiced up for later. This electric shaver also features a Travel Lock, for added safety which prevents it from switching on by accident. The SmartClean feature keeps the shaver looking new by maintaining the quality of the blades. With the use of alcohol-free formula, the SmartClean system uses a dual filtration system to remove hair, gel or foam from the blades. The system also automatically lubricates the blades after cleaning to reduce friction that may irritate acne or cause a acne breakout after shaving.
4. Panasonic ES-LA63-S Arc4 Electric Razor
One among Panasonic’s line of men’s shavers is foil-style shavers that have taken the market by storm and provide much appreciated relief for those who have skin that’s acne prone. The head of the ES-LA63 Arc 4 sports a head that has been fitted at an angle and is separated almost entirely from the holding grip, except for a narrow neck-like design that holds the two pieces together. But the easy grip and ergonomic design isn’t the only things Panasonic has going on for it. The shaver features a 4-blade, dual-motor cutting system which makes the shaving process simple and easy. The stainless-steel foils of the ES-La63-S Arc 4 follows your facial contours perfectly, resulting in incredible precision and comfort.
Using a linear motor, the Arc 4 is able to provide peak performance throughout its battery life so there’s no unexpected slowing down of the blades while you’re mid-shave, so annoying! The shaver can be used either dry or in the shower and is also 100% washable. This electric shaver features a sonic vibration cleaning mode similar to the ES8103S, but includes a blue light LCD display and a pop-up trimmer, built into the design, a nifty trick. In the Arc 4 you also get a linear motor drive boasting of 14,000 CPM(that’s 14,000 cuts per minute), which just also happens to make it the fastest electric shaver on the market.
5. Braun Series 7- 790cc Pulsonic Shaver System
This foil-style shaver in a noble metal grey color offers quite a few features that earn it a spot on our list, the other reason, being the Braun Series 7 – 790cc Pulsonic shaver has been named the world’s number one shaver according to a leading market research institute. Apart from the five shaving modes, this electric shaver features intelligent sonic technology that increases the speed and power of the blades on denser hair or difficult areas while shaving. There’s also the ActiveLift trimmer that can lift and cut flat lying hairs with relative ease. The 2x OptiFoil design can cut hair as short as 0.05mm, giving you a truly close shave and a perfect finish.
The Braun Series 7 – 790cc Pulsonic shaver also is the world’s first (and only) 5-action Clean and Charge Station which cleans and lubricates the blades, and makes sure the device remains charged at all times. The Braun Pulsonic shaver is a top-of-the-line electric shaver that delivers results every time you shave. Ingrown hairs are easily captured, and shaver burn and redness is eliminated with the new ergonomic design of the Pulsonic shaver.
6. Philips Norelco 1150X/46 Shaver 6100
The Philips Norelco 1150X/46 Shaver 6100 is a great shaver for its price point (around $90). The rotary-style shaver features DualPrecision heads, which makes it easy for shaving stubbles or longer hairs. The SkinGlide technology that has been introduced with the Philips Norelco 1150X/46 allows for a smother slide over the contours of the face and the jawline without causing skin irritation. He shaver can be used either wet or dry, using water, shaving foam, gels or lotions. When using with water, the 6100 features airing holes that have been included into the design which allows water to drip out.
The main highlight of this Philips shaver is its design. While other wet shavers are bulky in design and not easy to handle, this shaver is sleek and lightweight, with rubber ridges along the edges, which makes for a firm grip, especially when using lotion or soap. It is important to point out that an hour’s charge can deliver up to forty minutes of power for shaving, while a normal shave only needs three minutes of charging, with a battery indicator letting the using know when it needs to be charged. Cleaning the Phillips 6100 is also extremely easy. All you have to do is run it under a dap and scrub the nooks and crannies with a brush that comes in the package. Another useful feature is the hair collection chamber that keeps the hair you shave in one place without messing up the sink. All in all, the Philips Norelco 1150X/46 Shaver 6100 is sleek, quick and quiet.
7. Panasonic ES8243A Arc4 Electric Razor
The Panasonic ES243A Arc4 electric razor is a 4-blade razor that has jumped on the multiple razor electric shaver bandwagons. The wet and dry electric shaver features a thin and sleek design along with a multi-fit Arc 4 foil for increased comfort and makes shaving incredibly easy. Apart from the four-blade cutting system, another unique feature of the Panasonic ES243A is its large pivoting head that can cover more area, while still allowing you to run the shaver along the curves of your face with ease. Another unique feature of this shaver is its turbo mode, where the power of the motor is amped up to 17,000 RPM, making sure you get the cleanest possible shave every day.
Panasonic’s ES243A Arc4 also features a linear motor so that you get the same power throughout the batter life of the shaver, which helps in avoiding tugs or cuts. After a full charge that takes approximately one hour the shaver can work for up to 45 minutes, more than enough time for you to get the perfect shave. Another nifty feature of the ES243A Arc4 is its ability to automatically clean itself when you’re done. Other features in the shaver include a built-in, pop-up trimmer for grooming and an LCD display to set the mode and keep an eye on the battery life of the shaver. Overall, the Panasonic ES243A Arc4 is ideal for those men with sensitive skin.
8. Philips Norelco Electric shaver 3100, S3310/81
One of the main selling points of the Philips Norelco Electronic Shaver 3100 is that it promotes a comfortable shave with rounded edges that move smoothly along the skin. The 4-direction flex heads allows you to make the most of independent movements of the shaver that adjust to the curves of your face. The ComfortCut Blade system used in the Philips Norelco Series 3000 allows you to get a close shave while protecting your skin from nicks and cuts. The Norelco electric shaver can either be used cordless or corded, depending on the user’s preference.
This shaver also features a pop-up trimmer that’s perfect for trimming your stash or sideburns. The charging time of the Philips Norelco series 3000 is a bit longer at eight hours, but you’ll get up to 45 minutes of shaving time, which is around 15 shaves. Battery life can be tracked with the LED display. This shaver is also easily washable. All you have to do is pop the heads open and rinse under a tap. The protective cap keeps the blades safe when not in use. At the end of the day, the Norelco Series 3000 delivers on its promise of providing you with an electric shaver that’s simple to use, easy to maintain and highly affordable.
9. Remington F5-5800 Foil Shaver
Sporting a rotary blade type the Remington F5-5800 electric shaver is one of the top-shelf brands at the moment in the electric shavers market. Designed with the patented pivot and flex interceptor shaving technology that Remington is known for, the F5-5800 ticks all the boxes that lead to a great shaving experience. The shaver can be used either wet or dry and promises the perfect shave without any fuss. The ergonomic design is complemented with Remington’s shaver technology which makes every shave a breeze. You also get a pop-up trimmer to complete your look once you’re done shaving.
If you’re not using it with a cord, a five-minute quick charge gives you a sixty-minute run time, more than enough to get yourself a comfortable shave. The battery life can be gauged via the LED screen which displays the amount of battery life left in the unit. Another great feature of the Remington F5-5800 is its auto worldwide voltage capacity so that it can be used anywhere in the world without fear of a short circuit. The rinseable design makes it easy to clean and the protective head cap keeps the blades safe when not in use. This is a good shaver and has all the features one would want to have in an electric shaver, minus the cleaning unit. But, that’s certainly not going to be a deal breaker for the Remington F5-5800.
10. SURKER 3 In 1 Professional Electric Razor
In the last spot of our list of ‘best electric razors for acne prone skin’ we have the three-in-one electric shaver brought to us by SURKER. This rotary-design shaver features an ergonomic design along with a firm grip when using lotion or shaving gel. What’s unique about the SURKUR electric shaver is that it is your quintessential shaver, including an electric shaver for your beard, a sideburn trimmer and a nose trimmer as well. So, there’s no reaching out for the scissors when using the SURKER 3-in-1 professional electric shaver. The 3D rotary design makes it easy to get the perfect shave every time. The LED indicates whenever the shaver is low on battery, which can then easily be charged with the help of a micro USB interface.
The SURKER 3-in-1 professional razor for men also features a one-key lock for extra safety when not in use. All you have to do is keep the button pressed for three seconds to lock or unlock the shaver. Another thing that users will appreciate is that cleaning this rotary shaver is not a hassle. The whole shaver is waterproof so it can be submerged in water or put under the tap. A specially designed cleaning brush is included in the shaver’s box to remove stray hairs from those nooks and crannies. A protection cap which goes on the head of the shaver after use ensures that the shaver remains safe from any damage.
How to Shave for Acne Prone Skin
Wondering how to shave your acne-prone skin? You’ve come to the right place. These quick tips will help you smoothen the process:
- Tip #1 –Use a facial scrub or face wash to soften facial hair before you start shaving. This should be done at least three minutes before you begin shaving.
- Tip #2 – Use a shaving gel that’s designed to get rid of oil or dirt from the face.
- Tip #3 – Use light, gentle strokes while shaving. It doesn’t matter if you have to go over the same area a few times.
- Tip #4 –Use a Post-shave moisturizer or use cold water after you shave.
- Tip #5 – Since acne is caused by irritation, try not to wait too long to shave since shaving with longer hair causes drag, which leads to irritation and consequently, acne.
- Tip #6 – Use any one of the electric shavers for men mentioned here (duh!).
Tips on Shaving for Acne Prone Skin
For men, shaving your facial hair is a delicate process as it is. Acne due to shaving only further complicates the process, leading some to turn to harmful skin products that supposedly cure shaving acne, while others refrain from the act of shaving altogether. Both, these solutions aren’t really solutions at all, which is why we are going to show you how to shave correctly if you have acne prone skin.
The most important tip for those guys who want to shave their facial hair but feat the breakout of acne is to not use shaving blades, like the ones the barber uses. Instead, go with electric shavers, which are more effective and comfortable. Another reason why it is a bad idea to use a razor blade to shave while having acne is because, blades do not have a guard, which means you are going to cut the zits or pimples off at the base, leaving behind large marks that will not only be painful, but could get infected. Here, we are going to go through some tips that will help those with acne prone skin get a better, more comfortable shave:
- Don’t Apply Too Much Pressure – One of the reasons why you should use an electric shaver is because the guard on the blades protects your skin from getting nicked. Also, even if you do have acne, you can easily go over the area gently without cutting the pimple and causing it to bleed.
- All in One Sweep – While using an electric shaver there’s no need to get it all in one clean sweep, especially if you have acne. A smarter approach would be to gently go over the area that has acne a few times. Trying to be as light as you can and taking the hair out slowly is the way to go when shaving with acne.
- Don’t Touch Your Face – Most men who have acne and have to shave their facial hair don’t even realize that holding their face while shaving only leads to the spread of bacteria, which leads to the spread of acne. While it is hard not to touch your face while shaving, grab from your neck and pull downwards.
- No Aftershave for You – It’s normal for guys to splash on aftershave once they’ve got that clean-cut look. For those with acne prone skin, that’s a bad idea since the chemicals used in the aftershave can irritate the acne, causing further breakout. Instead, splash cold water on you face to get rid of the small hairs that are left after you shave. Then dab it with a clean towel or use a hair dryer.
What to Look for When Buying the Best Electric Razor for Acne Prone Skin
Before you snag your electric shaver, here are some points to ponder on.
- Foil Vs Rotary –Before choosing an electric shaver brand you must identify your purpose. Do you want to trip your facial hair, or do you want to clean your mug daily? Foil blade shavers are ideal for those who shave every day, while rotary blade shavers are best for those beards that grow in all directions.
- Cord Vs Cordless –Electric shavers come in two types – cords and cordless, while the former is good for those who are using the shaver at home, the latter is handy for those who travel a lot and need to stay groomed. Most of the electric shavers can be used both ways.
- Ease of Use – Needless to say, you will already be dealing with the problem of acne, so the last thing you want is to have to deal with a complicated electric shaver. Choose a brand that’s straight forward in its approach to shaving and does not use lots of buttons in their electric shavers as marketing gimmicks to attract more customers.
- Wet Vs Dry Shave –Shaving in the shower or dabbing cold water on your face can soften the whiskers, making it easier to shave. But, you can also use a shaving lotion or gel, just make sure that it is light and does not irritate your acne.
- Accessories –Nowadays, electric shavers come with many different accessories, from the pop-up trimmers and nose trimmers to the cleaning and charging docks.
- Warranty – While warranties depend on the brand, normally electric shaver brands offer a one of two year warranty for their product. You will have to read the fine print for the details.
- Price – It can be quite tempting to go for the cheapest option around when deciding on an electric shaver, but paying less often times skimping on quality of the shaver and its effectiveness. To stay safe, always go for the best electric razors for acne prone skin.
How to Properly Maintain Electric Razor
Since the invention of the electric shaver it has become a bathroom staple for many a man suffering from acne. Electric razors are all the rage these days mainly because they provide a smooth shape, are easy to handle and don’t require a lot of maintenance. But even the best electric razors for acne prone skin will require some maintenance. Here, we are going to talk about the ways in which you can maintain your electric razor so it lasts you years.
- Clean Immediately – One of the most effective ways of keeping your electric razor at optimum working order is by cleaning the razor immediately after use. Many of the high-end electric razors available in the market have their own cleaning system which cleans the unit automatically or with a simple push of a button.
- Swap Old Blades with New Once – Worn out blades in your electric shaver is more likely to pull on your hair, leading to skin irritation. Since dull blades will be less effective, swap them with new once when the time comes.
- Keep Your Electric Shaver Dry – Needless to say, water can seriously damage your shaver. Even if the shaver is water proof, wipe the shaver after use since the water can corrode the blades. Keep the electric shaver in a standing position so the water drips out. But, if your shaver is one of the high-end brands it probably has an auto cleaning charging dock – use it.
- Don’t Apply Oil or Lubricant when Shaving – While oil is beneficial to your skin, applying it while using an electric razor is only damage the razor. Instead, use a light shaving lotion whenever you shave.
- Don’t Overcharge the Razor – Just like any other electric device, over charging it will cause it to malfunction and will reduce its lifespan.
Get the Best Electric Razor for Your Acne Prone Skin
You probably thought you’d never had to see it again as you waved goodbye to high school. Then one day, lo and behold – acne, the ugly little sucker returned, fearsome, and red with anger, refusing to leave its spot on your face. Yes, facial acne sucks, even for men. But, you don’t need a board-certified dermatologist to tell you you’re doing something wrong if the acne on your face isn’t going away. That something is often times the way we shave, and more specifically, how we shave. If you consistently break out after you’ve shaved, it’s time to use an electric shaver that doesn’t mess with your skin. All of the aforementioned shavers are considered to be the best electric razor for acne prone skin, and can prevent those angry pimples from staring you in the face every time you look in the mirror. In other words, this guys, is what they call New Year’s resolution material!