15 Best Essential Oil Diffuser For Large Space in 2018
If you’re looking forward to breathing a constant stream of wonderfully fragrant air then why not get the best essential oil diffuser for large space? Known for its de-stressing and energizing properties, aromatherapy is an ancient art of promoting health and wellness by using essential oils that have been extracted from plants.
Essential oils are naturally anti-viral and anti-bacterial, along with having other health benefits such as relieving depression and anxiety, curing headaches, inducing sleep, and boosting cognition etc. The following is going to be a guide to getting the best essential oil diffuser for a large space, so you can enjoy the therapeutic properties of essential oils all day long.
- 1 15 Top Rated Essential Oil Diffuser for Large Space
- 2 15 Best Essential Oil Diffuser for Large Space Reviews
- 2.1 1. URPOWER Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser
- 2.2 2. Pure Enrichment PureSpa Deluxe Ultrasonic Aromatherapy Oil Diffuser
- 2.3 3. InnoGear 2018 Premium Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser
- 2.4 4. Exqline Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser
- 2.5 5. VicTsing Essential Oil Diffuser
- 2.6 6. The Essential Wellness Essential Oil Diffuser for Aromatherapy
- 2.7 7. Apalus Glass Ultrasonic Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser
- 2.8 8. TaoTronics Ultrasonic Humidifiers for Essential Oils
- 2.9 9. Zalik Ultrasonic Aromatherapy Humidifier Essential Oils Diffuser
- 2.10 10. Antiya Essential Oil Diffuser Humidifier Aromatherapy Oil Diffuser
- 2.11 11. ASAKUKI Premium Essential Oil Diffuser
- 2.12 12. Everlasting Comfort Ultrasonic Humidifier
- 2.13 13. Viva Naturals Ultrasonic Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser
- 2.14 14. Tenswall Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser
- 2.15 15. Easehold Aroma Essential Oil Diffuser Humidifier
- 3 What is an Essential Oil Diffuser?
- 4 What is Aromatherapy?
- 5 Why Use Aromatherapy for Large Space?
- 6 How an Essential Oil Diffuser Work?
- 7 How to Choose the Best Essential Oil Diffuser for Large Space
- 8 Benefits of Using Essential Oil Diffuser
- 9 Get the Best Essential Oil Diffuser for a Large Space Today
15 Top Rated Essential Oil Diffuser for Large Space
Diffusion is the process of dispersing essential oils so that the natural fragrance of the essential oil spreads throughout a living space. Since aromatherapy is picking up steam, there are many brands of essential oil diffusers available in the market. But, just like everything else in life, not all essential oil diffusers have been created equal. The fact that there are so many to choose from also makes it harder to find the best diffuser for a large area. We are going to answer your question right here.
The interactive comparison table has 5 columns which are:
• Essential Oil Diffuser pictures
• Brand and product name – (click to view more details or to purchase)
• Water Tank Capacity (mL)
• Price – These are approximate prices on Amazon.com. Here is the price legend.
- $ = under $20,
- $$ = $20 to $50,
- $$$ = $50 to $100
- $$$$ = $100+
• Rating – These are our ratings on a 1 to 5 scale.
Now that you have seen what is available, let us take a quick look at the reviews of the best essential oil diffuser for large space to breath a constant stream of fresh and fragrance rich air.
15 Best Essential Oil Diffuser for Large Space Reviews
Apart from adding a nice aroma to a living space, essential oils also offer many other benefits. The following are some of your options for the best essential oil diffuser for a large room. So, without further ado, let’s get started:
1. URPOWER Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser
The URPOWER 500ml Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser sports a 500-ml tank capacity. This ensures that the unit can run continuously for up to 10 hours. You can pre-set the timer on the device to shut off automatically either after 1, 2 or 3 hours. The unit also has an auto-shut off which shuts off the diffuser once the water runs out. This diffuser has the capability to spread sufficient mist throughout a small or medium sized room, which makes it perfect for most home users.
There are also seven powerful LED lights, which work to set the mood. The LEDs can be set according to your preferences, and can also be switched off. While it releases essential oil molecules in the air, the diffuser is also acts as a humidifier and also purifies the air. The unit is low in maintenance, which is another plus point for any essential oil diffuser, and features a sturdy build.
2. Pure Enrichment PureSpa Deluxe Ultrasonic Aromatherapy Oil Diffuser
This unit is able to distribute an even mist across a medium size room. The ultrasonic diffuser features a 120-ml tank, which allows it to run for up to 10 hours non-stop. Then there’s the optional LED lights which can be set according to your personal preference, and adds to the ambience of the room. The ultrasonic diffuser is super quiet. There’s also an auto-shut off feature for added safety. The two-in-one product also doubles as an ionizer, releasing negative ions into the room, which works wonders for stress relief. By releasing a mist of water, the Pure Enrichment PureSpa Deluxe Ultrasonic Aromatherapy Oil Diffuser also counters any dryness in the air.
3. InnoGear 2018 Premium Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser
The InnoGear 2018 Premium 500ml Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser offers the ultimate in diffuser technology. Featuring a 500-ml tank, this diffuser can work for up to 15 hours straight before needing a refill. It also features soothing LED lights, which can be set according to your preference and has as decorative function, which adds to the appeal of the diffuser. The diffuser allows multiple setting options with its mist control button and the LED effects button. It also features quiet function and an auto shut-off capability to save power once the essential oil/water solution has finished.
4. Exqline Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser
If you’re looking for the best essential oil diffuser for a large room, then you probably want to go with the Exqline 1500ml Aroma Essential Oil Diffuser. This diffuser can run for up to 10 hours before needing to be refilled. With its ultrasonic diffusion technology, the Exqline 1500ml Aroma Essential Oil Diffuser is able to maintain the integrity of the essential oil molecules that are released into the air, offering users more holistic benefits. This diffuser also doubles as a humidifier to control the temperature within your home. Another feature that makes this diffuser stand out is its ability to rotate 270 degrees while releasing the mist. This unit has been designed to humidify rooms of up to 215 square feet.
5. VicTsing Essential Oil Diffuser
The VicTsing 500ml Essential Oil Diffuser, Reduce Noise Design essential oil diffuser has a lot going on for it. The unit comes in a small package, but has quite a few surprises for the user. First of all, it sports a 500-ml tank that enables the unit to last for up to 14 hours. Besides that, it boasts of a 5-in-1 function, which means you get more bang for your buck. There are also various features in this unit which makes it easy to use, such as the high/low mist setting, the color display options for the LED lights and you can also set the brightness level of the LED lights.
6. The Essential Wellness Essential Oil Diffuser for Aromatherapy
The Essential Wellness Essential Oil Diffuser for Aromatherapy & Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier offers the ultimate in value for money. The five-in-one functionality means you can use it as a humidifier, purifier, diffuser, ionizer, and as a nightlight, making it a great investment to make since it serves you in many ways. The 300-ml reservoir of this humidifier is more than enough to fill a roam with a beautiful scent for up to 10 hours. This particular humidifier is ideal to work in rooms of up to 215 square feet. As if that wasn’t enough, this humidifier also features an automatic shut-off feature that allows you to shut-off the device when not in use. The timer can be set to shut off after 60, 180 or 360 minutes. The humidifier is built using medical-grade plastic, so it’s able to go the difference and is super quiet.
7. Apalus Glass Ultrasonic Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser
The Apalus 500ML Glass Ultrasonic Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser features a large 500-ml capacity for storing water. This means you don’t have to keep refilling the reservoir all the time. Another plus point of the large water capacity is that you can use the Apalus 500ML Glass Ultrasonic Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser can run for up to 18 hours and its large size means it can easily carry a fragrance over 1000 sq. ft. The ultrasonic technology that’s used by this diffuser keeps the essential oil intact by not harming or altering the chemical compounds. The unit is very well made, with high quality materials and is also easy to clean.
8. TaoTronics Ultrasonic Humidifiers for Essential Oils
For beginners who want to use diffusers for Essential Oils, TaoTronics 300ml Ultrasonic Humidifiers with Wood Grain is one of the best choices out there. The unit boasts of an attractive design. The slightly curved shape of this diffuser resembles a Buddhist sanctuary, which also makes it a great piece of interior décor. This is no ordinary aromatherapy diffuser, it is also a humidifier and emits moisture into the atmosphere to help moisten dry skin.
This humidifier also features a large 300-ml tank that allows it to run for up to 8 hours non-stop. The unit can easily spread the essential oil mist across an area of 250 to 450 square feet. This humidifier also features an automatic switch-off feature that can be set to automatically shut off after 1, 3, or 6 hours. This diffuser also features 7 LED lights that cascade through various colors of the rainbow. The LED lights can also be customized according to your personal preference. Overall, this unit is well designed and is well built.
9. Zalik Ultrasonic Aromatherapy Humidifier Essential Oils Diffuser
The Essential Oils Diffuser Designed by Zalik – 550 ml Ultrasonic Aroma Humidifier is one of the best essential oil diffuser for a large room. This particular diffuser features a wood finish, which lends it a premium quality feel. This diffuser features a 7-color LED light mode, which gives off soothing colors that change automatically. The various setting modes allow the user to set the colors according to their preferences. This diffuser also features a shut-off mode that can be set to shut off after 2, 4 or 6 hours. The Essential Oils Diffuser Designed by Zalik – 550 ml Ultrasonic Aroma Humidifier operates with ultrasonic technology and is incredibly quiet. This is an amazing diffuser and its sturdy, well-built design ensures that it will go the distance.
10. Antiya Essential Oil Diffuser Humidifier Aromatherapy Oil Diffuser
The Antiya Essential Oil Diffuser Humidifier 550ml Large Capacity Wood Remote Control Aromatherapy Oil Diffuser has multiple features including a diffuser, humidifier, ionizer, air freshener, air purifier and as a mood relaxing kit, which offers you great value for money. This is a convenient diffuser that can be controlled with a remote, providing the user with easy access, even while you’re relaxing. This diffuser is extremely quiet, which means it can easily be used at night while you sleep.
This unit also features an automatic shut-off feature that allows the user to shut off the device after use to save the essential oil and water solution inside. This diffuser has an impressive running time of nearly 24 hours, thanks to its large water tank. This diffuser also features beautiful LED lights, which can also be operated by the remote control. Overall the Antiya Essential Oil Diffuser Humidifier 550ml Large Capacity Wood Remote Control Aromatherapy Oil Diffuser is a great choice when choosing the best essential oil diffuser for a large room.
11. ASAKUKI Premium Essential Oil Diffuser
The ASAKUKI 500ml Premium, Essential Oil Diffuser is another multi-function diffuser that’s earned its spot on our list. The 5-in-1 device is a great addition to any home, especially if you’re looking for the benefits of aromatherapy. The 500-ml tank gives this unit an incredibly long running time before it needs to be refilled, which is always a good thing. There’s also a safety switch, which is a neat addition to this diffuser, and offers an extra layer of safety for the user. The nebulizer technology that’s used in this unit means that it can easily create a relaxing environment while not making any sound at all. There are also 7 different LED lights, which creates a relaxing atmosphere. The addition of the humidifier improves the overall air quality of your home.
12. Everlasting Comfort Ultrasonic Humidifier
If you’re scoping for the best essential oil diffuser for a large space then the Everlasting Comfort Ultrasonic Humidifier (6L) is probably one name that came to mind. This diffuser boasts of an incredibly large output along with a large capacity 270-ml water tank. The large size of the water tank allows it to spread the mist nicely throughout a 400 square feet space. But, what’s really impressive about the Everlasting Comfort Ultrasonic Humidifier (6L) is its large 1.6-galon tank which means that this diffuser can run non-stop for up to 50 hours. The ultrasonic technology that’s been used means that you can enjoy the sweet aroma of this diffuser without being bothered with a loud sound. You also get a diffuser that sports a sturdy build, so it can survive a few knocks.
13. Viva Naturals Ultrasonic Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser
The Viva Naturals Ultrasonic Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser is an ultrasonic diffuser, which according to the makers, uses a less amount of essential oil as compared to other brands in the market, and can vaporize the oils without using heat. This is a well-built product that can fill an average to large size room nicely with the soothing and relaxing aroma of essential oils. This diffuser runs in small bursts rather than running continuously, which makes it last for longer as compared to other units of the same size. The sturdy build and elegant design means the Viva Naturals Ultrasonic Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser is right up your alley if you’re searching for the best diffuser for a large area.
14. Tenswall Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser
The Tenswall Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser, 400ml Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier is another great option for a humidifier. The unit features a robust and sturdy build with high quality materials, which gives it a premium quality look. This humidifier also features an impressive 400 ml water tank, which allows this unit to run for a lot longer, and require fewer refills. The humidifier also features up to 7 LED lights that can be set to either stay in one position or rotate. The user gets to set the LEDs to enhance their aromatherapy experience. There’s also a nifty little feature called the shut off button, which shuts off the device automatically as soon as it detects that the unit has run out of water. What really stands out for this device is its premium quality wood grain design, which gives it a premium looking appearance.
15. Easehold Aroma Essential Oil Diffuser Humidifier
And finally, the Easehold Aroma Essential Oil Diffuser Humidifier 400ml is considered to be the best ultrasonic diffuser for a large room. The 400-ml tank means this particular unit can run non-stop for up to 20 hours before needing a refill. The diffuser is not only efficient in spreading the aroma evenly throughout a room, but its sleek appearance would easily make it a nice addition to any setting.
This device has a 30s intermittent mist mode which essentially means that the mist is released after every 30 seconds, which is why it’s able to last longer than most other diffusers available in the market today. There are 4 timer settings and a low/high mist control feature that enables the user to set the unit according to their needs. This diffuser also features 7 LEDs that give off soothing light that makes it easy to set the mood while you enjoy your aromatherapy session. This is hands down one of the best diffusers out there for those who love essential oil diffusers.
What is an Essential Oil Diffuser?
Diffusion is the process of dispersing the aroma of essential oils throughout a room. Also known as aromatherapy diffusers, when it comes to the different types of essential oil diffusers, there are quite a few options available.
- Nebulizers — This diffuser works by blowing air across a small tube, creating a vacuum which pulls a liquid at the bottom of the tube to the top. The air flow that blows at the top of the surface of the oil blows the oil away in a fine spray or mist, dispersing the aroma throughout a space. The nebulizer diffuser is considered to be the best option for those who want to use the essential oil diffuser solely for therapeutic benefits.
- Ultrasonic Diffusers — An ultrasonic diffuser creates a fine mist by causing a small disc under the surface of the diffuser to vibrate extremely fast. The vibrations in turn, help break the essential oils into tiny particles, dispersing the oil’s aroma throughout the air.
- Evaporative Diffusers — As the name implies, an evaporative diffuser releases the essential oils into the air through evaporation. An evaporative diffuser usually has a pad or some other absorbent material where the essential oil can be placed. A fan blows air through the pad with the essential oil, causing the oils to evaporate. The evaporated oil is then blown into the room.
- Low-Heat Diffuser — This type of diffuser works a lot like an evaporative diffuser, with the difference being that the low-heat diffuser applies heat to speed up the evaporative process. Similar to an evaporative diffuser, this diffuser is also every quiet.
What is Aromatherapy?
Aromatherapy, also referred to as Essential Oil therapy is defined as the art of utilizing naturally extracted aromatic essences from plants to promote good health. While aromatherapy has been practiced in India for thousands of years, the term ‘Aromatherapy’ was first coined by French perfumer Rene- Maurice Gattefosse in 1937 in his good “Gattefosse’s Aromatherapy”. His work is also the earliest findings of clinical utilization of essential oils for a range of physiological ailments. As an alternative form of therapy, the purpose of aromatherapy is to unify the spiritual, psychological and physiological processes that can enhance the innate healing processes within a person.
Aromatherapy is widely used to improve the mood and promote relaxation, along with other healing properties such as, protecting the digestive system hair strengthening and boosting the immune system. Aromatherapy offers a different approach to the more traditional medicine, which means that it can be personalized, so a person is not going to receive a standard treatment for their condition. Those who suffer from issues such as stress and anxiety often use essential oil diffusers to as a treatment.
Why Use Aromatherapy for Large Space?
Aromatherapy is an incredible alternative medicine, which involves the use of essential oils, that when inhaled, lead to a wide variety of health benefits. Aromatherapy is often used by individuals to improve their mood and to alter their cognitive state. Regardless of whether you’re living in a large or small house, the good news is you can easily find a diffuser that meets your needs. The best essential oil diffuser for a large room can work pretty well in large rooms with a capacity to cover 250 to 500 sq. ft.
The good news is you do not need to buy a massive essential oil diffuser if you want it for a large room or if you have an open concept floor plan. However, those who are looking for an essential oil diffuser for areas larger than 1000 sq. ft. are advised to purchase two essential oil diffusers of the same kind and run them at opposite ends of the room.
Use the Heavy Mist Setting
There are also many essential oil diffusers available in the market that feature a heavy or light mist setting. Those who want to work the diffuser in larger rooms should set their diffuser to a heavy mist setting to get more benefits of aromatherapy.
Good Quality Essential Oils
Needless to say, if you want the aroma of the essential oil to spread throughout a large room then its best to make sure you purchase a good quality essential oil to begin with. It’s safe to say that going for cheap essential oils are not going to have the same level of potency as compared to good quality brands.
How an Essential Oil Diffuser Work?
If you’ve heard of the benefits of aromatherapy, then you’ve probably thought of how essential oil diffusers work. The way the essential oil diffuser works depends on the type of the diffuser. The most used type of an essential oil diffuser is the ultrasonic diffuser. This type of diffuser uses ultrasonic waves and water to disperse the essential oils in the air. The following are some tips to help you get started after you buy the best essential oil diffuser for a large room.
- Choose a location.
- Add water in the diffuser up till the fill line in the water reservoir. Always use clean tap water at room temperature
- Add 3 to 10 drops of the essential oil of your choice. You can use either a single essential oil or a blend. Lavender, peppermint, lemon, and grapefruit are some of the best essential oil flavors out there but there are virtually dozens you can choose from.
- Place the cap on the diffuser, set the features, and switch it on. It is important to note that not all diffusers are the same so you need to choose one that has the right features for you.
How to Choose the Best Essential Oil Diffuser for Large Space
If you want to enjoy the benefits of an essential oil diffuser then you are going to have to get yourself the best essential oil diffuser for a large room. Luckily, for you, we’ve come up with a few important factors to keep in mind while selecting an essential oil diffuser.
- Diffuser Type — As mentioned earlier, essential oil diffusers come in four different types; ultrasonic diffusers, nebulizers, evaporative diffusers, and heat diffusers.
- Timer — Some diffusers feature a timer, which allows the user to set a time to shut off the diffuser automatically. This is a great feature to have especially when you are prone to fall asleep with the diffuser still running. While the timing options vary from brand to brand, the feature can keep you from wasting the essential oil.
- Diffuser Motor — When going for an ultrasonic diffuser or the more popular, nebulizer, always make sure to choose one that has a powerful motor, which will have no problems in spreading the fragrance throughout the room.
- Water Tank Capacity — The water reservoir of diffusers depends on the brand, model, and its size. For large rooms, you should use a diffuser with a water capacity of at least 300 ml, to avoid having to refill the diffuser frequently.
- Diffuser Size — Regardless of what type of diffuser you go for, they all come in various shapes and sizes depending on your needs. When choosing an essential oil diffuser, keep in mind the size of the room you are going to use it in.
- Room Coverage — Getting the best diffuser for a large area, means you will get a diffuser that enables you to control the intensity of the oil that’s misted. Going for a good brand means you will have a diffuser that can spread the aroma throughout a living space with ease. That said, diffusers do have a limit and will not be able to spread the mist throughout a large room if it exceeds 1000 sq. ft.
- Noise Level Adjustment — Some diffusers have a high or low mist setting, which can create some noise. However, evaporative and low-heat diffusers do not give off any sound at all.
- Ambient Lighting Options — Some diffusers feature a built-in LED light that can add to the relaxing benefits of the essential oil diffuser. Some diffusers will allow you to adjust the brightness of the LED light to your preference. It’s important to note that not all diffusers feature lighting options.
- Brand — The brand you choose will make a big difference in the effectiveness of the essential oil diffuser. There are many well-known brands out there that offer a high level of quality, especially for those who are looking to use an essential oil diffuser for its therapeutic benefits.
- Price — The price is always going to be one of the main deciding factors while purchasing an essential oil diffuser. The good news is, the diffuser you choose does not have to be incredibly expensive. Sticking to a good brand is often the best way to get the best essential oil diffuser for a large room. That said, the best ultrasonic diffuser for large room oftentimes cost more on average as compared to regular diffusers.
Benefits of Using Essential Oil Diffuser
The benefits of using an essential oil diffuser are well documented. For those who are still not sure about getting the essential oil diffuser, the following benefits might help change your mind.
- Mood Enhancement — Perhaps, one of the more popular benefits of using aromatherapy is as a relaxant to eliminate stress. There have been some studies that have shown aromatherapy to be beneficial for reducing sudden outbursts of anger and for improving a person’s mood.
- Insect Repellent — Certain essential oils such as, lavender, lemon eucalyptus, lemongrass, and the more popular citronella are used as highly effective insect repellents to ward away mosquitoes, spiders, and ants.
- Eliminate Odors — Needless to say, an essential oil diffuser can spread a pleasant fragrance throughout a living space. The fact that there are so many options in fragrances available that it’s easy for those who want to get the benefits of aromatherapy to also enjoy their favorite fragrances in the process.
- Promote Better Sleep — Having a soothing aroma that’s spread throughout the room can do wonders for those who find it difficult to get sleep during the night. The pleasing aroma of a lovely scent, such as that of lavender makes any room smell great, helps lift the mood, and allows the person to get a proper night’s sleep.
- Mind stimulation — Essential oils such as frankincense and vetiver are known to have a positive impact on the central nervous system. Essential oils also have a positive effect on the lymphatic system, which helps eliminate harmful toxins from the body.
Get the Best Essential Oil Diffuser for a Large Space Today
Just as an infrared sauna for home use can be relaxing, so can be an essential oil diffuser in your home. Getting the best essential oil diffuser for a large space can bring many benefits that you can enjoy. The sweet aroma of the mist, which spreads throughout the room via the diffuser, not only makes the living space more pleasant, but also has some incredible psychological benefits.
In today’s world, essential oil diffusers have come a long way and have many features to enhance the individual experience. But, that’s only possible if you’ve chosen the right diffuser for the job. This guide should get you off to a good start at finding the diffuser that’s perfect for you.