10 Best Back Brace For Posture To Correct Posture in 2018
Getting in shape is all the craze these days. While most people focus on their chest, biceps and in developing rock hard abs, few pay attention to their spines. That’s a big no-no, especially for those who have a desk job, since it usually means you’re hunched over more than you should be.
Prolonged sitting also leads to poor posture, which can have some serious consequences on your health. But, the good news is it’s nothing having the best back brace for posture can’t fix. To fix your posture and to stand up tall, we recommend that you get Flexguard Back Brace Posture Support today.
For those looking to get rid of their desk-jockey hunch this is going to be a guide to getting rid of the slump.
- 1 10 Top Rated Back Brace for Posture
- 2 10 Best Back Brace for Posture Reviews
- 2.1 1. BraceUP Stabilizing Lumbar Lower Back Brace and Support Belt
- 2.2 2. AidBrace Back Brace Support Belt
- 2.3 3. Fitophoria Comfortable Posture Corrector and Resistance Band
- 2.4 4. Neotech Care Back Brace Lumbar And Back Support Belt
- 2.5 5. Flexguard Medical Back Brace
- 2.6 6. Adjustable Double Pull Lumbar Brace Lower Back Belt
- 2.7 7. HailiCare Physio Decompression Back Brace
- 2.8 8. ComfyMed Premium Quality Back Brace CM-102M
- 2.9 9. Back Brace by Sparthos
- 2.10 10. ComfyMed Breathable Mesh Back Brace CM-SB01
- 3 What is a Back Brace for Posture and its Types?
- 4 Difference Between Back Brace and Posture Brace
- 5 Do Back Braces for Posture Really Work?
- 6 How to Wear a Back Brace for Posture Correction?
- 7 How to Choose the Best Back Brace for Posture?
- 8 Health Benefits of Wearing Back Brace
- 9 Tips and Exercises to Improve Posture
- 10 Get the Best Back Brace For Posture Today
10 Top Rated Back Brace for Posture
Most people already know how back braces work. For those of you who don’t, a basic back brace comprises of nylon straps and are work over your shoulders. The brace works by pushing into your thoracic spine in the middle of your back. As a result, the shoulders retract, forcing out the chest and straightening the upper spine and neck.
But to achieve this you are going to need to get the best posture correction back brace. This is easier said than done since there are dozens of brands to choose from. Luckily, we have combed through the list and have come up with our finalists. This comparison table should help you find the best back brace.
|Picture||Back Brace||Back Brace Type||Price||Our Rating|
|BraceUP Stabilizing Lumbar Lower Back Belt||Lower Back Belt||$|
|AidBrace Back Brace Support Belt||Lower Back Belt||$|
|Fitophoria Comfortable Posture Corrector and Resistance Band||Upper Back Straps||$|
|Neotech Care Back Brace And Support Belt||Lower Back Belt||$|
|Flexguard Medical Back Brace||Full Back Brace||$|
|Adjustable Double Pull Lumbar Belt||Lower Back Belt||$|
|HailiCare Physio Decompression Back Brace||Lower Back Belt||$$|
|ComfyMed Premium Quality Back Brace CM-102M||Lower Back Belt||$$|
|Back Brace by Sparthos||Lower Back Belt||$|
|ComfyMed Breathable Mesh Back Brace CM-SB01||Lower Back Belt||$|
The interactive comparison table has 5 columns which are:
• Back Brace pictures
• Brand and model name – (click to view more details or to purchase)
• Brace Type
• Price – These are approximate prices on Amazon.com. Here is the price legend.
- $ = under $50,
- $$ = $50 to $100,
- $$$ = $100 to $150
- $$$$ = $200+
• Rating – These are our ratings on a 1 to 5 scale.
Now that you have seen what is available, let us take a quick look at the reviews of the best back brace for posture.
10 Best Back Brace for Posture Reviews
Getting a back brace is a wise decision for those who are experiencing back pain or want to avoid the problem. It’s also ideal for those who have had back surgery or whose occupation involves heavy lifting. If you are looking for a back brace, finding the right one can be a pain. Since there are literally dozens of back braces available in the market we have narrowed down the search by presenting you with our top ten back braces for both men and women. So, let’s get started.
1. BraceUP Stabilizing Lumbar Lower Back Brace and Support Belt
The BraceUP Stabilizing Lumbar Lower Back Brace and Support Belt is a best seller when it comes to the best back brace. This back brace is fully adjustable and enables a full range of motion. The dual adjustment straps on this back brace makes it easier to customize while the eight extra stays add lumbar support, while you’re in motion. The BraceUP Stabilizing Lumbar Lower Back Brace also features a breathable mesh panel so you can remain cool while wearing the back brace. This is considered as one of the best choices when it comes to back braces since it provides just the right amount of support for your back, without being suffocating or restricting. This back brace is available in various sizes and is a great choice for everyday use.
2. AidBrace Back Brace Support Belt
When it comes to getting a back brace for the best posture correction for women, the AidBrace Back Brace Support Belt is one product that comes to mind. This particular back brace is the perfect option for those who are going through lower back pain. The back brace supports areas including the lower back, abdomen and hip, and is ideal for the prevention for sciatica, which is basically a nerve pain that goes all the way from your back to your leg.
The regular use of the AidBrace Back Brace Support Belt is great for relieving back pain caused by sciatica. One of the reasons for this is because the back brace provides you with the necessary tension to prevent it from slipping when one moves. This back brace can not only be used by office folk, but is also tough enough to use during manual labor. The comfortable fabric and material means you can keep cool while wearing this back brace during hot summer months.
3. Fitophoria Comfortable Posture Corrector and Resistance Band
The Fitophoria Comfortable Posture Corrector and Resistance Band is another one of those products you don’t realize you need until you’ve got it. This particular back brace is great at doing what it does, which is, providing the best posture correction for both men and women. The Fitophoria Comfortable Posture Corrector and Resistance Band is one brand that’s been made keeping the whole family in mind. This means everyone from grandad to the kids can wear this back brace to relieve pain or improve their posture.
This back brace enables you to get the right spinal alignment that stabilizes both your spine and your back muscles, making it the perfect choice for those who have a desk job or spend most of their days sitting. The resistance band or stretch band is a nice addition that can also help improve your posture. Fitophoria is one of the leading names in premium back braces and always delivers when it comes to quality. You also get an exercise guide with up to 14 different exercises that can be done while wearing the back brace to improve the quality of your spine.
4. Neotech Care Back Brace Lumbar And Back Support Belt
Another back brace that’s right up there with the best is the Neotech Care Back Brace and Lumbar Support. This back brace is pretty straight forward, and provides just the right amount of support for your back without being suffocating to breathe in. The Neotech Care Back Brace is perfect to support the spine muscles, along with the abdominal and core muscles, giving you the best support you could possibly hope for.
This back brace is also the ideal option for those who have just had a back injury and are looking to support their spine. The back brace provides the best posture correction in both men and women while preventing any additional injury to your back.The back brace has been specially designed to relieve back pain by reducing the amount of strain on one’s back. This back brace also features an extra strap that offers added support for the spine.
5. Flexguard Medical Back Brace
If you’re in search for an adjustable back brace which can provide you the stability and flexibility you need then the Flexguard Medical Back Brace should be right up your alley. This particular back brace is the perfect choice for those people who are living sedentary lives and have started to develop lower back pain or discomfort in the back. The Flexguard back brace not only helps you get back the correct posture but can also improve your back posture for the long term.
The back brace is available in multiple sizes and can easily correct your posture by straightening the spine. The Flexguard Medical Back Brace offers the best posture correction for men thanks to its design. The brace itself is made from lightweight and breathable material along with dura-stitching which ensures a comfortable fit and the best support for your back. Those who are looking for unbeatable back support should definitely try out this back brace.
6. Adjustable Double Pull Lumbar Brace Lower Back Belt
The Adjustable Double Pull Lumbar Brace comes highly recommended for those who need a brace for back support. In fact, this is one of the back braces that are advised by physiotherapists and doctors alike because of the high level of support it is able to provide for the spine. The Adjustable Double Pull Lumbar Brace Wide Back Support features an ingenious design with a double-pull mechanism that provides the wearer with the best heat retention and compression while still being comfortable.
The design also features a unique elastic strap that crisscrosses, removing any excess gap between the belt of the back brace and your body. The back brace has been specially designed as a treatment for certain back problems like a slipped disc or sciatica. The material that has been used in the making of the Adjustable Double Pull Lumbar Brace provides additional warmth to the area easing lower back pain or muscle spasms, ensuring the best posture correction.
7. HailiCare Physio Decompression Back Brace
This back brace is a two-in-one decompression belt that has been designed to provide clinical-grade decompression therapy. The best part about the HailiCare Physio Decompression Back Belt Back Brace is that it can be used while you’re relaxing or whether you’re taking part in a physical activity. The back brace has been designed to stay in position with the help of velcro. The belt wraps around the lower back. There’s a pocket at the front of the belt which holds a plastic key which is used to activate the hose on the belt during deflation.
This feature alone makes the HailiCare Physio Decompression Back Belt worth the investment since it allows the user to deflate the back brace within seconds. The back brace also comes with a nifty hand pump. The sturdy hand pump makes it easier for you to inflate the decompression back belt. Once the belt has been inflated, the pump can be easily detached. For those who may find using the HailiCare Physio Decompression Back Belt confusing, there’s a user manual that’s also been included. The product and its accessories are all well-built, light weight, and easy to store away once used.
8. ComfyMed Premium Quality Back Brace CM-102M
No list for braces for the best posture correction for women would be complete without the ComfyMed Premium Quality Back Brace CM-102M with Removable Lumbar Pad.The ComfyMed Premium Back Brace is the preferred choice for those who want to get good posture. The design of the back brace sheds off the extra weight by eliminating the straps that are usually found on back braces. Instead, the ComfyMed Premium Quality Back Brace CM-102M simply wraps around the stomach, offering more comfort to the wearer. Since this back brace is wrapped around, it helps with not only pain relief, but also provides support for the stomach, improving one’s posture in the process.
The ComfyMed Premium Quality Back Brace CM-102M wraps around the shoulder just where the shoulder roll is initiated and helps pull the shoulder back. This keeps the shoulders from rolling forwards while sitting. One of the highlights of this back brace is its unisex sizing, which means it’s perfect for both women and men. The ComfyMed Premium Quality Back Brace CM-102M can be worn and adjusted according to one’s size, making it comfortable to wear while your sitting or during manual labor.
9. Back Brace by Sparthos
Sparthos is a company that has been known to provide some of the best back braces for people of all ages. The new Sparthos back brace for back pain is no exception. The product has been developed using top quality fabric and materials, which makes it not only effective as a back brace, but also comfortable to wear. The smart design of the Sparthos Back Brace ensures that the brace remains in place while you walk, bend, stretch, run or do heavy lifting. You can rest assured that this back brace is not going to move out of place.
The Sparthos back brace also features an adjustable lumbar pad that provides extra compression when it comes to supporting the lower back. Apart from that, there’s also a lower vertical support that is mainly used to stabilize the back and prevent the back brace from rolling out of place. With the Sparthos back brace you can expect high quality and a durable design that has been built to last, not to mention, effective when it comes to reducing pain and discomfort in the lower back area. This back brace is also effective in relieving pain and discomfort caused by sciatica, sore muscles or a herniated disc.
10. ComfyMed Breathable Mesh Back Brace CM-SB01
When looking for a back brace, the first two factors that come to mind is the weight and the comfort level of having to wear a back brace under your clothing. The good news is, with the ComfyMed Breathable Mesh Back Brace CM-SB01 you don’t have to worry about these factors since the brand has it all figured out. The CM-SB01 has been designed keeping the user in mind. The back brace is not only effective when it comes to relieving back pains, but is comfortable to wear.
When the back brace is worn, the pads apply pressure to the spine and the sides, ensuring the perfect posture. The spinal support belt that has been included in the design offers additional support for the spine, even the brace of the ComfyMed Breathable Mesh Back Brace CM-SB01 is effective in treating pain such as sciatica, which is the pain you get along the hip bone. Everybody loves products that are easy to use and affordable. This back brace is not only easy to use, but is also affordable, and comes along with a money-back guarantee. This tells you a lot about the confidence the manufacturers have on their product.
What is a Back Brace for Posture and its Types?
A back brace is used by those who are recovering after a back injury or surgery, or by those experiencing lower back pain. Since motion can delay the healing process, the purpose of a back brace is to limit the range of motion of the spine to allow it to heal after an operation, fracture or a general back pain and discomfort.
- Standard Posture Braces — These are the back braces that are most commonly found in the market. The standard posture brace normally features soft nylon straps that are worn over the shoulders. This provides the back and the neck with the support it needs while keeping the spine straight. As a result, the chest is pushed forward, resulting in the proper posture position.
- Support Bands and Belts — During pregnancy women are more likely to develop back or pelvic pain. To make sure that doesn’t happen, support bands and belts are used by women during pregnancy to support their lower back and the baby bump as they do their chores or take part in other activities, which could result to back pain or discomfort. Wearing a support band or belt means there is a significant decrease in pain during any exertion of the spine.
- Posture Bras — A posture bra is specially designed to support the weight of the breasts and to provide a woman with relief from pain in the neck, shoulders or headaches caused by muscle tension. The posture bra allows a woman to move freely without feeling any pain or discomfort, and without any restrictions, making them a great way to fix one’s posture.
- Posture Shirts — A posture shirt is used mainly by men to improve their performance. The basic function of a posture shirt is to keep the shoulders positioned properly during training so as to reduce fatigue.
Difference Between Back Brace and Posture Brace
A good posture is important for a person to not only look confident, but also prevent severe back pain and other discomforts in the long run. Surprisingly, there is a way to keep yourself from poor posture or treat a pain or discomfort caused by bad posture. You can get a back brace or a posture brace for the best posture correction for men. But, with so many types out there, which one should you use?
The main difference between a back brace and a posture brace is that the former is specifically for the back. A back brace can either be wrapped around one’s lower back, giving support to the spine and the sides, or go across the back and chest, with straps holding the shoulders in place. The compression pads support the spine, while the straps keep the shoulders straight and properly aligned, forcing the chest out and in turn leading to a good posture. The proper posture means you can be safe from soreness, stiffness, pain or discomfort that is caused as a result of bad posture.
Do Back Braces for Posture Really Work?
Bad posture stems from either an injury or a bad habit such as slouching. Bad posture can also be the result of spending too much time at a desk job, which can result to “tech neck” or an occupation that involves lots of heavy lifting. The idea of wearing a back brace is to restrict the movement of the spine which can hinder the healing process after a back injury or a surgery. A back brace helps maintain a good posture without any effort which helps during the healing process. There are lots of products that encourage good posture such as back braces, and posture correction shirts.
There have been a significant amount of studies which suggests that wearing a back brace for up to eight hours can result to your tissues adapting to the way the chest muscles are most of the time. Since the body does whatever you hold for a long period of time, using a back brace can eventually lead to better posture, or could help treat the pain and discomfort that stems from poor posture. It’s also a good idea to wear a back brace while lifting heavy loads, or sitting for long periods of time.
To learn more, watch the following YouTube video about posture correction by wearing back braces.
How to Wear a Back Brace for Posture Correction?
Getting the best back brace for posture will certainly get you a better posture and will help treat any pain or discomfort caused by bad posture, but that’s only if you are wearing it right. Here are a few tips that should help you with wearing a back brace for good posture correction. Always wear a back brace correctly by following the instructions given on the manual. If you are having any trouble with the back brace or find it to be uncomfortable you can read the user manual to see if you’ve followed the instructions.
Back braces usually have adjustments that allow the person to modify the back brace according to their comfort. The quality of the back brace can also make a difference with the level of comfort when using a back brace. That’s why you should always choose premium brands that use the best materials and breathable fabric during the construction of the back brace. Opting for the best back brace option means you can get the most out of your back brace when it comes to quality and comfort. In case of a lumbar support, be sure to wear it correctly around the lower back for it to be more effective.
Please watch the following video on how to properly wear a back brace for posture correction.
How to Choose the Best Back Brace for Posture?
When it comes to selecting a back brace, it can get quite confusing, especially since there are so many brands out there pushing their product as the best posture correction back brace. Here are some factors to keep in mind when choosing a back brace to improve your posture:
- Design — The design of a back brace is always going to be a crucial factor to consider when you want to improve your posture. The reason being, there are many types of back braces that are used for posture, so it’s best to go through your options to find the best fit for you.
- Material — A back brace that’s been built using premium quality materials and fabric that is lightweight and breathable will always be better and more comfortable compared to an inferior quality back brace. In short, the type of materials used in the back brace will determine your comfort level.
- Available Sizes — The size is another crucial factor to keep in mind, mainly because if you don’t get the right size, you are not going to get any benefit by using the back brace. The good news is, since back braces are normally manufactured in multiple sizes or come in uni-size, you can easily find out what fits you perfectly and offers the right amount of compression for your spine to heal.
- Comfort — Since you are going to be wearing the back brace under your clothing, you would want it to be comfortable. Again, purchasing a back brace that’s from a good company will ensure that best materials have been used to make the back brace not only effective when it comes to reducing pain and promoting good posture, but also comfortable when it comes to wearing it inside.
- Pain Relief — The amount of pain relief a back brace is able to provide mainly depends on the quality of the back brace and the way you wear it. Wearing the back brace correctly is crucial for it to be effective in reducing pain and discomfort.
- Ease of Use and Convenience — A back brace should be easy to use and convenient to store away once used. You don’t want to get one that’s overly complicated with many straps and add-ons which will only confuse you. If all you want is to reduce pain and discomfort caused by bad posture or you want to avoid it, getting a simple back brace that wraps around the lower back and provides protection to the spine and sides should do.
- Brand — Needless to say, the brand you choose is going to make a big difference when buying a back brace. You are sure to get the best posture correction if you choose one of the aforementioned back braces or products from other big-name brands. At the end of the day, you get what you pay for.
- Warranty — Again, big-name brands mean you get a product that has been designed well and suits the purpose. This also usually means the product comes with a warranty. Expect to get a one to five-year warranty for your back brace and even a money-back warranty, depending on how confident the brand is of their product.
- Price — Let’s make one thing clear, purchasing the most expensive brand available in the market does not guarantee comfort. This is why you should not look at the price of a back brace as an indication of the quality you will get. That said, you won’t want to go to the opposite extreme as well. The back brace you choose should fall somewhere down the middle in price, and should always be researched about before the final purchase.
Health Benefits of Wearing Back Brace
If you still can’t decide whether or not a back brace is for you, here are some benefits that should help change your mind:
Improved Posture — Since the spine is prevented from moving, the posture is improved, keeping one safe from any pain or discomfort caused by bad posture.
Pain Relief — For someone who has been suffering with back aches due to bad posture, using a back brace can relieve the pain while walking, sitting, or bending. It’s also best to use if your occupation involves a lot of heavy lifting.
Natural Healing — By far, the best benefit of using a back brace is that it promotes natural healing since there’s no use of medication involved.
Tips and Exercises to Improve Posture
The following are some easy exercises you can do to promote good posture:
- Back Extensions
- Crunch with Twist
- Pec stretch
- Single Leg Extension
- Dumbbell Side Bends
- Pilates Swimming
- Reverse Dumbbell Fly
- Seated Dumbbell Row
- Shoulder Rolls
Please watch the following video on how to improve posture through exercise.
Get the Best Back Brace For Posture Today
Back pain can be the most uncomfortable of pains mainly because it keeps you from concentrating on your work, and as time passes, it could get worse. Just as foot pain due to plantar fasciitis can be debilitating, so can be the pain in the lower back. For foot pain relief, you can use on the best plantar fasciitis night splint for foot pain relief. Similarly, you can use a back brace for lower back pain relief.
If you spend the day hunched over your desk at work, chances are, you’re going to develop some form of back pain and discomfort. The good news is there are ways in which you can get rid of the pain once and for all, but you’d want to get the best back brace for posture to achieve that. The back brace brands mentioned above should make your search a lot less painful.