10 Best Cordless Water Flosser For Braces in 2019
For those individuals who have to wear braces, their gums are already under tremendous pressure, so the last thing you would want is to be in a painful situation because you didn’t practice good oral hygiene. This is where the best cordless water flosser for braces comes in. For this purpose, getting the best water flosser should be a top priority. From all the water flossers available on the market, we recommend that you should get ADA accepted Waterpik WP-660 Aquarius Water Flosser today.
While the results of wearing braces are impressive, the results of using the best cordless water flosser to keep your mouth (and braces) clean is equally impressive.Getting a reliable water flosser isn’t easy, especially with convenient store shelves filled with various brands. Since having to choose from a vast array of options for water flossers for braces, we’ve come up with a list along with a few tips that will help you get started. So, brace yourself (no pun intended) because this is going to be quite an interesting read.
- 1 10 Top Rated Cordless Water Flosser For Braces
- 2 10 Best Cordless Water Flosser for Braces Reviews
- 2.1 1. Waterpik ADA Accepted WP-660 Aquarius Water Flosser
- 2.2 2. Gurin Professional Oral Irrigator Water Flosser
- 2.3 3. Waterpik WP-100W White Ultra Water Flosser
- 2.4 4. H2ofloss Water Dental Flosser Quiet Design
- 2.5 5. GreenVida Electric Dental Water Flosser
- 2.6 6. Morpilot Professional Cordless Dental Oral Irrigator
- 2.7 7. VAVA Dental Water Flosser
- 2.8 8. SmarToiletries Professional Cordless Water Flosser
- 2.9 9. INSMART Cordless Water Flosser
- 2.10 10. Lantique RLI501 Cordless Dental Water Flosser
- 3 What is a Cordless Water Flosser?
- 4 Why Do You Need a Cordless Water Flosser for Braces?
- 5 Does Cordless Water Flosser for Braces Really Work?
- 6 How Does a Cordless Water Flosser for Braces Work?
- 7 How to Use a Cordless Water Flosser?
- 8 How to Choose The Best Cordless Water Flosser for Braces?
- 9 Health Benefits of Using Cordless Water Flosser
- 10 Get the Best Cordless Water Flosser for Your Braces
10 Top Rated Cordless Water Flosser For Braces
To make the decision making process much easier for you, here is an interactive table that shows the 10 top rated best cordless water flosser for braces.
|Picture||Water Flosser||Flosser Type||Price||Our Ratings|
|Waterpik WP-660 Aquarius Water Flosser||Home Use||$$|
|Gurin Professional Oral Irrigator Water Flosser||Travel||$|
|Waterpik WP-100W White Ultra Water Flosser||Home Use||$$|
|H2ofloss Water Dental Flosser||Home Use||$|
|GreenVida Electric Dental Water Flosser||Travel||$|
|Morpilot Professional Cordless Dental Oral Irrigator||Travel||$|
|VAVA Water Dental Flosser||Home Use||$|
|SmarToiletries Professional Cordless Water Flosser||Travel||$|
|INSMART Cordless Water Flosser||Travel||$|
|Lantique RLI501 Cordless Dental Water Flosser||Travel||$|
The interactive comparison table has 5 columns which are:
• Water Flosser pictures
• Brand and model name – (click to view more details or to purchase)
• Flosser Type
• Price – These are approximate prices on Amazon.com. Here is the price legend.
- $ = under $50,
- $$ = $50 to $100,
- $$$ = $100 to $150
- $$$$ = $200+
• Rating – These are our ratings on a 1 to 5 scale.
Now that you have seen what is available, let us take a quick look at the reviews of the best cordless water flosser for braces.
10 Best Cordless Water Flosser for Braces Reviews
We’ll start off by naming our top ten picks for water flossers for braces. Reading these cordless water flosser reviews should give you a good idea of what to look for the next time you’re in the market scoping the best cordless water flosser. So, let’s get started.
1. Waterpik ADA Accepted WP-660 Aquarius Water Flosser
The Waterpik ADA Accepted WP-660 Aquarius Water Flosser is by far the brand’s best looking water flosser that has quite a lot in common with their Designer Series. With this water flosser you get a sleek and portable design, chrome buttons and a nice color water flosser. When it comes down to function, the performance of the Waterpik ADA Accepted WP-660 Aquarius Water Flosser and the Designer Series are the same. This water flosser comes ready to use right out the box with no need of assembling.
All the user has to do is plug the device in and off you go. The water flosser includes a highly visible LED panel, an on/off water control handle and a newly introduced pulse-modulation technology that is said to offer more plaque removal. There’s also a hydro-pulse mode which stimulates the gums and leads to better circulation.
Then there’s also the one-minute timer, which is convenient and more than enough to get the job done. Moreover, the Waterpik ADA Accepted WP-660 Aquarius Water Flosser has been clinically proven to be more effective than traditional flossing techniques. And as if that wasn’t enough for you, the product also comes along with a three-year warranty.
2. Gurin Professional Oral Irrigator Water Flosser
The Gurin Professional Rechargeable Oral Irrigator Water Flosser is able to provide an efficient and effective way to support oral health. This water flosser features a large water reservoir, which means you have more than enough water to floss properly. There are two interchangeable tips/nozzles which makes it easy to switch between users. The portability of this device means it can fit easily in a baggage and taken anywhere. The Gurin Professional Rechargeable Oral Irrigator Water Flosser also comes along with two rechargeable batteries that can be charged via a plug.
For those with bridges and braces, this water flosser is especially effective in reaching those hard to reach spots. The Gurin Professional Rechargeable Oral Irrigator Water Flosser also features three operating modes: soft, normal, and pulse for varying needs. With this water flosser you not only get an easy to use product, but one that has been approved by the FDA and is lightweight and great to travel with.
Gurin has always been one of the top brands for water flossers and this new product is no exception. The water flosser is great in cleaning between teeth, and the large handle is easy to grip while in use, ensuring that you don’t drop the flosser while cleaning braces or sensitive teeth.
3. Waterpik WP-100W White Ultra Water Flosser
It’s no surprise that another product from Waterpik has made it to our best water flosser on the market list. The brand has been constantly providing us with some great water flossers through the years. The WP-100W White Ultra Water Flosser is another proud addition to that long lineup of efficient and affordable water flossers. This water flosser offers the user with no less than 10 different pressure settings for various cleaning goals. You also get a contemporary design that’s sleek and portable.
Also, the lightweight design of the Waterpik WP-100W White Ultra Water Flosser means it can be easily carried anywhere to use at any time. Another notable feature of this water flosser is that it’s relatively silent as compared to other flossers on the list. Other unique features of this water flosser are that it features up to six tips, with 360-degree tip rotation, and adequate covered reservoir with in-lid tip storage. Of course, all of the Waterpik water flossers are clinically proven to be more effective as compared to traditional dental flossing. The unit also comes along with a three-year warranty.
4. H2ofloss Water Dental Flosser Quiet Design
The H2ofloss Water Dental Flosser Quiet Design stays true to its name and provides a surprisingly quiet function. That’s not the only thing this water flosser has going for it. The H2ofloss Water Dental Flosser Quiet Design is great when it comes to getting rid of plaque from those hard to reach areas of your mouth and while cleaning braces. Multiple pressure settings mean you can choose one that’s comfortable for your needs.
This water flosser also offers low setting of just 5 psi, which is perfect for sinus cleaning, one of the reasons why this water flosser comes with a specially designed nasal tip that’s part of the 12-piece set of tips. The sleek design and lightweight build of the H2ofloss Water Dental Flosser, along with its efficiency makes it a must have for those searching for the best water flosser on the market. This water flosser is not only easy to use and affordable, but also comes with a 2-year warranty that sweetens the deal.
5. GreenVida Electric Dental Water Flosser
No list for the best cordless flosser would be complete without the GreenVida Electric Dental Water Flosser, Cordless, Portable, and Rechargeable. This water flosser offers a unique design and a sturdy build. The unit is both effective and efficient in clearing out plaque from between teeth. The water flosser is particularly useful when it comes to keeping oral hygiene by preventing tooth decay, dental plaque, and tarter.
As far as water flossers go, the GreenVida Electric Dental Water Flosser is incredibly easy to use. The one-button unit means you won’t be spending your time reading the user’s manual, although it’s recommended that you do no matter what water flosser you purchase.
This water flosser features up to four jet tips, that are easy to plug and un-plug when you’re done. The portable design makes this cordless water flosser easy to carry if you’re away from home. The unit also features up to three modes to meet different oral care needs. The 1500mA rechargeable lithium battery can make this unit work for up to two weeks before needing another charge. You also get a USB cable for charging, a user manual and a woven bag.
6. Morpilot Professional Cordless Dental Oral Irrigator
The Morpilot Professional Cordless Dental Oral Irrigator easily makes it to the list of best water flosser for periodontal disease, simply because it’s efficient in its cleaning and can store more than enough water to ensure that you are able to clean your teeth, gums, and braces with ease. The Morpilot water flosser features a sleek and lightweight design and its portable build means it’s easy to carry around while travelling.
This unit also comes along with a 1400 mA rechargeable lithium battery so you can use it for days before needing another charge. The unit offers three modes: pulse, normal, and soft, so you can select one that suits your requirements.
What sets this water flosser apart from the rest is that it’s particularly efficient when it comes to cleaning between braces or implants and is also quite effective in massaging the gums. A rotatable nozzle allows the user to reach areas that are otherwise unreachable, ensuring a superior oral cleaning experience that will certainly be appreciated. The Morpilot Professional Cordless Dental Oral Irrigator also features an auto-shut off feature, and comes with a 12-month warranty, and has been approved by the FDA, ROHS, CE and the ETL.
7. VAVA Dental Water Flosser
The VAVA Water Dental Flosser offers many cool features deserving of a mention in our best cordless water flosser reviews. This unit has been designed keeping the user in mind. The water flosser features a sleek design and a sturdy build. It also comes with three colorful nozzles and an additional tongue scraper to prevent any bacteria buildup. The water flosser unit also features a leak-proof design, which means you don’t have to worry about one of the most concerning factors of purchasing a water flosser, as in, whether it’s going to leak or not.
The VAVA Water Dental Flosser features a built-in tank valve, which ultimately prevents the water from leaking out. Then there’s the adjustable water pressure that offers up to 10 pressure setting. The large capacity water reservoir can store up to 600 ml of water, providing the user with an uninterrupted dental flossing experience that can last for up to 90 seconds. You also get a built-in magnet that keeps the handle secure, and a durable splash-proof designed unit that will keep you from spilling water everywhere.
8. SmarToiletries Professional Cordless Water Flosser
The SmarToiletries Water Flosser Professional Cordless is right up there with the best in the business when it comes to professional water flossers on a budget. The unit features three pressure operation modes for varying needs, along with large LED indication so that the user can easily tell which mode they are using. The SmarToiletries Water Flosser also features a sleek design and a sturdy build, which means it’s not only good to look at, but also goes the distance. This particular water flosser is also waterproof and provides low-noise operation.
There’s an auto-shut off feature that’s built into the device and kicks in after two minutes. With a large water capacity, this is a unique water flosser that is easily one of the go-to choices when choosing the best cordless water flosser available in the market today. This unit is certainly a cost-effective option when selecting water flossers since it is able to provide a decent amount of power at a reasonable costing unit. The water flosser is also a good choice when choosing a unit for travelling since it’s both portable and light weight.
9. INSMART Cordless Water Flosser
The INSMART Cordless Water flosser, Oral Irrigator comes highly recommended as being one of the best water flossers available in the market today. This unit features a waterproof design and is easy to clean as well, making it an ideal option for all those who are looking forward to good oral hygiene without having to break the bank. The water flosser features a high-pulse cleaning jet to clean those hard to reach places. The water tank and the main flosser have been designed separately, making them easy to clean and the portable design, makes multi-angle cleaning easy and hassle-free.
Attaching or detaching the nozzle in the INSMART water flosser is also made extremely easy thanks to the built-in nozzle eject button, the gently pops out the nozzle when pressed. The 1400 mA Li-ion battery is rechargeable, and can operate on standby for up to two weeks before needing another recharge. The product also comes with INSMART’s 60-day return policy and a one-year warranty.
10. Lantique RLI501 Cordless Dental Water Flosser
Last but not the least, the Lantique electric water flosser comes with a large 180 ml reservoir to store water, which is huge, as compared to other brands on this list. The water flosser also offers excellent sealing performance as well, easily making this unit one of the best options when searching for the best water flosser for gum disease. The unit features a single-button control with three operating modes. You also get four nozzles that can rotate 360 degrees, making it easy to clean those hard to reach areas of the mouth, and especially if you want to clean braces.
The sleek build is complemented by the portable design of this water flosser, which makes it easy to handle while cleaning. It’s incredibly easy to use, making it a must-have for those who are always on the go and want to maintain oral hygiene. The unit comes with a 1500 mA rechargeable lithium battery that helps it function for up to 14 days with each charge. The charger adapter and USB cable have been included so you don’t have to buy them separately.
What is a Cordless Water Flosser?
A water flosser is a device that uses water pressure to clean between teeth and the gums. It is also used by people who wear braces so that they can have better oral hygiene. There are two types of water flossers available in the market.
For Home Use
The first is the water flosser for home use. These water flossers have large water reservoirs to store water which can range up to 180 ml, depending on the size of the unit. While large water flossers are convenient for home use, while travelling users require a more portable option. This is where the travel flosser comes in.
A travel water flosser is not only sleek, but also features a portable design. It is mostly lightweight, making it easier to carry around while travelling. While a water flosser that’s designed for travel will be significantly smaller than the normal home use flossers, they are just as powerful and store just enough water to clean your teeth, gums or braces with ease.
Why Do You Need a Cordless Water Flosser for Braces?
You can purchase a water flosser that comes with a cord and works on electricity by plugging it into a socket, or you can go for a cordless water flosser that features a rechargeable battery and can be used without a cord. These water flossers are very efficient when it comes to cleaning hard to reach areas of the mouth, especially while wearing braces.
The cordless rechargeable water flossers can last for up to two weeks on a single charge, so there’s no need to keep plugging them into a socket for charging. This easily makes them a more efficient option when choosing a water flosser for travelling or for cleaning braces.
Does Cordless Water Flosser for Braces Really Work?
There is a raft of research, which indicates that using a cordless water flosser is just as efficient in cleaning teeth, gums and braces as a normal water flosser that works on a cord.
In fact, there have been several studies that have shown cordless water flossers to be more efficient than their counterparts simply because a cordless water flosser provides cleaning in a 360-degree angle, which makes it easy to clean hard to reach areas of the mouth.
You also have plenty of pressure settings from which to choose from to ensure you are able to clean your braces efficiently. Compared to using string, a cordless water flosser is considered to be more effective in cleaning to promote good oral hygiene.
How Does a Cordless Water Flosser for Braces Work?
Those who have to wear braces know all too well how food particles can get caught in the brackets and the wires of dental braces. Plaque that accumulates around the brackets of a dental brace can lead to decalcification or white spots on your teeth, which is one of the reasons those who wear braces need to find the best water flosser (cordless).
A cordless water flosser is ideal when cleaning braces simply because it uses a combination of pulsation and pressure to remove food particles and plaque from the braces and its wires. A cordless water flosser can do all this while stimulating and massaging the gums, leading to better circulation and improved oral hygiene.
All you have to do is use a cordless water flosser for just a minute a day to remove any trapped food or plaque from your braces. Clinical studies have also shown that using a cordless water flosser is significantly more convenient and efficient when cleaning dental braces.
How to Use a Cordless Water Flosser?
The following is a step-by-step process of using a cordless water flosser.
- In the case of a cordless water flosser, you will first need to charge your unit before use.
- Attach the charging adapter to the cordless water flosser and charge the unit for up to four hours in any outlet.
- After a four-hour charge, you can use the cordless water flosser for up to two weeks or 14 days before needing another charge.
- Once the unit has been fully charged, fill the water reservoir with warm water.
- Select one of the nozzles/tips from the ones that have been provided to you in the cordless water flosser box.
- Cleaning around braces usually requires the use of an orthodontic tip that’s perfect for the job.
- Make sure you insert the tip/nozzle firmly into place until you hear it click.
- To remove the tip, all you need to do is press on the eject button on some units, in others all you have to do is gently remove the nozzle.
- Next, you would want to select the mode or pressure of the water. Most cordless water flossers feature three modes, but it is possible to have more than three modes. To be safe, you should start from the lowest mode to see how much pressure is ideal for you.
- To begin the cleaning process, place the cordless water flosser in your mouth and lean forward over the sink.
- As you floss, close your lips to prevent any splashing, while allowing water to flow from your mouth and into the sink.
- For best results, aim the tip at the gum line or braces at a 90-degree angle.
- Start from the back of one side and make your way to the other side of the mouth, taking frequent pauses if needed.
How to Choose The Best Cordless Water Flosser for Braces?
If you want the best results with your cordless water flosser you will have to get the best cordless water flosser for braces. This is no easy task, especially when you realize that there are so many to choose from. To make your search easier, here are a few factors to keep in mind when choosing a cordless water flosser.
- Flossing Time —Different units for cordless water flossers have a built-in timer that powers the unit. This also ensures that you spend an equal amount of time flossing each part of the mouth.
- Pressure and Pressure Settings —This depends on the brand and the model. Different cordless water flossers come with different pressure settings that you can choose from according to your liking and comfort level.
- Cleaning Tips —This too depends on the brand and the model of the cordless water flosser. While some have as few as three cleaning tips, others can contain up to 12 cleaning tips with room to store more if needed.
- Reservoir Capacity —The capacity of the reservoir in a cordless water flosser is important if you are purchasing a unit for home use. Using one with a decent amount of water storage capacity ensures that you can get through a single cleaning session without having to refill the water reservoir, which can be annoying and inconvenient. Those who are looking to buy a cordless water flosser for travel, can opt for a smaller version that’s lightweight and portable, which will be easy to carry and store while travelling.
- Battery Life —The battery life hugely depends on the capacity of the rechargeable battery of the unit and the amount of times its being used. A normal cordless water flosser with an in-built battery of 1400 mA, can easily last for up to two weeks before needing to be charged again, provided it is being used by a single user, and not by the whole family.
- Bundled Accessories —Added accessories are always a nice addition to any deal and a cordless water flosser is no exception. The additional accessories that are often times bundled with a cordless water flosser include additional tips, a USB cord, a charging adapter, and a pouch. There can also be other cleaning apparatus, which can come along with the cordless water flosser. The amount of bundled accessories that you get with a unit depends on the brand.
- Approvals and Certifications —Certifications and approvals from the appropriate governing bodies are great for products such as a cordless water flosser that’s used for personal oral hygiene. Products with the right certifications and approvals ensure that they are efficient and therefore worth the investment.
- Child Safety —Families who have kids around should always think of safety first. The child safety features of a cordless water flosser is mainly a built-in stop feature and a double safety lock that prevents children from starting the device. The best way to keep kids safe is by keeping the product and its add-ons away from their reach. You can do this by storing the water flosser at a high place out of the reach of children.
- Brand —Needless to say, the brand you choose will determine whether you’ve paid for the best water flosser on the market, or an average water flosser. Before you make a purchase, its best to do your research on the best brands of cordless water flossers available in the market near you.
- Warranty —Warranties are great when you want to have a safety net just in case something goes wrong with the device. Well-known brands don’t shy away from giving a 3-year warranty or more, while average brands might not even consider providing a warranty. Read the fine print to make sure you are getting a brand that offers a good warranty for their device.
- Price — The price you pay for your cordless water flosser does not make a difference on the quality of the cleaning you can get with the flosser. Paying more for a brand that’s well known means you are making a good investment, as compared to paying less for a brand that you’ve never heard of before and could fail you in the long run.
Health Benefits of Using Cordless Water Flosser
There are quite a few benefits of getting yourself the best water flosser for gum disease or for the efficient cleaning of braces. The following are just a few benefits of using a cordless water flosser as compared to going the traditional route:
- Decalcification Prevention — Getting yourself a good cordless water flosser means you can keep the braces and wires clean preventing decalcification of the teeth. This is a common problem that occurs when people who have braces do not pay attention to their oral hygiene. Using a cordless water flosser is the perfect way to take out plaque and food particles from between the braces to prevent decalcification.
- Gingivitis Prevention — This is another nasty gum disease that occurs due to the buildup of plaque. While it initially results in red, swollen, and bleeding gums, it can very soon grow into something more serious. Those who use a cordless water flosser can prevent gingivitis altogether.
- Plaque Removal —A cordless water flosser uses water pressure to take out plaque that’s stuck between teeth and the wires of braces. It is by far, the most efficient option in plaque removal, and up to three times more efficient than traditional string floss.
Please watch the video below on benefits of water flossing.
Get the Best Cordless Water Flosser for Your Braces
Just as it is important to take care of your beauty of your face with microcurrent machines, so is the healthy and beauty of your pearly whites. For those who wear braces, removing plaque and food particles from their braces can be a real challenge.
Luckily, the use of a cordless water flosser makes cleaning braces easy. For those who need a portable unit that they can take with them while travelling, the cordless water flosser should be right up their alley. Those who are still on the fence can choose from any one of the best cordless water flosser for braces that have been mentioned above for better oral hygiene.