Saunas are an ideal way for working up a sweat without having to move a muscle, but only if you’ve bought the best infrared sauna for home use.
Owning your own home sauna was once a luxury reserved only for the rich. Not anymore. Nowadays, home saunas are quite common and can be easily purchased online. If you’ve been wondering what are the best home sauna units to invest in, here are a few names of the best saunas for home use.
- 1 10 Top Rated Infrared Sauna for Home Use
- 2 10 Best Infrared Sauna for Home Use Reviews
- 3 Why Should You Use Infrared Sauna at Home?
- 4 Benefits of Using Home Infrared Sauna
- 5 How Infrared Sauna Works and How to Use One?
- 6 Types of Infrared Saunas for Home Use
- 7 Infrared Sauna for Home Use Buying Tips
- 8 Get the Best Infrared Sauna for Home Use
10 Top Rated Infrared Sauna for Home Use
To get an idea of the options for a home infrared sauna, you can explore the comparison table given below, or simply read on.
When it comes to choosing the best infrared sauna for home, the following are your options:
|Picture||Infrared Sauna||Number of Heaters||Price||Our Rating|
|JNH Lifestyles Far Infrared Sauna||7||$$$|
|HeatWave Sante Fe SA2412DX Infrared Sauna||7||$$$$|
|Dynamic AMZ-DYN-6106-01 Far Infrared Sauna||6||$$$|
|Radiant Saunas Hemlock Deluxe Infrared Sauna||6||$$$|
|BetterLife BL6109 Infrared Sauna||6||$$$|
|JNH Lifestyles Far Infrared Sauna||7||$$$$|
|DYNAMIC SAUNAS AMZ-DYN-6310-01 Madrid Far Infrared Sauna||8||$$$$|
|HeatWave SA2420DX Tuscon Monticello Infrared Sauna||10||$$$$|
|DYNAMIC SAUNAS AMZ-DYN-6210-01 Venice Far Infrared Sauna||6||$$$$|
|TheraPure Sauna ESF302CHCB Infrared Heat Sauna||6||$$$$|
The interactive comparison table has 5 columns which are:
• Infrared Sauna pictures
• Brand and model name – (click to view more details or to purchase)
• Number of carbon heaters
• Price – These are approximate prices on Amazon.com. Here is the price legend.
- $$ = $500 to $1000,
- $$$ = $1000 to $1500,
- $$$$ = $1500 to 2000
• Rating – These are our ratings on a 1 to 5 scale.
Now that you have seen what is available, let us take a quick look at the reviews of the best infrared sauna for home use on the market.
10 Best Infrared Sauna for Home Use Reviews
Now let us take an in depth look into each of these infrared home sauna and find out which one is the best that suits your needs.
1. JNH Lifestyles 2-Person, Indoor Far-Infrared Sauna
The JNH Lifestyles 2-Person, IndoorFar-infrared Sauna is considered among the best infrared sauna for home use, and for good reason. The infrared sauna comes with 7 far-infrared carbon fiber heaters that are located at the side, back and calf of the sauna for maximum heating. The sauna is made from high quality Canadian Wood, with no extra chemicals added and a T&G Construction Toungue for stronger construction.
Thanks to its compact design, this infrared sauna can fit comfortably in small spaces. The see-through door with premium grade safety glass is able to stand high temperatures and provide better visibility for those who are inside and outside this home infrared sauna. At a price point of under $999, this is a great option for a home infrared sauna.
2. HeatWave Sante Fe SA2412DX Infrared 3-Person Carbon Sauna
The HeatWave Santa Fe, 3-person infrared sauna provides the perfect means for relaxation and detoxification of the body.The SA2412DX features 7 smartly placed carbon infrared heaters. Two of which are placed on either side of the back wall, with another two at the front of the bench and one on the floor to provide the occupants with complete coverage during their sauna session.
The heaters can reach an infrared wavelength of up to 12 microns and temperatures of up to 141 F. There’s also a built-in radio CD player, MP3 connectivity and speakers so you can bring your favorite music along for each session. Apart from that, this infrared sauna also features an oxygen ionizer and chromotherapy for added health benefits.With all its additional features the HeatWaveSante Fe SA2412DX Infrared 3-Person Carbon Sauna is more expensive and comes at a price of around $2,500.
3. Dynamic AMZ-DYN-6106-01 Low EMF 6 Far Infrared Carbon Sauna
Made from reforested Canadian Hemlock wood and featuring 6 infrared carbon low EMF energy efficient heating panels, the Dynamic AMZ-DYN-6106-01 Low EMF, 6 Far-infrared carbon sauna is easy to install and can heat up to 145 F. This infrared sauna is perfect to relax and unwind. The AMZ-DYN-6106-01 features 6 low EMF infrared carbon hating panels that results in an equal spread of heat throughout the interior of thesauna. Thelow EMF infrared panels are also energy efficient, and are able to cover a larger area since they are bigger than normal panels. In fact, the ceramic tubes in the AMZ-DYN-6106-1-01 is 30% larger than theceramic tubes on other sauna models.
The sauna also features soft-touch control panels and LED displays for sauna temperature and other controls both inside and outside the sauna. MP3 connectivity enables you to enjoy your favorite music while sweating those calories away. Other features of theAMZ-DYN-6106-01 includes a magazine rack, towel holder and multiple interior lighting choices that is remote controlled, so you can set theambiance to your liking. From $1,000, the Dynamic AMZ-DYN-6106-01 makes a great addition to any home, which is why it has made it on our list of best home sauna units.
4. Radiant Saunas 2-Person Hemlock Deluxe Infrared Sauna w/ 6 Carbon Heaters
This infrared sauna utilizes InfraWave FAR heat tech which is the latest and safest in sauna technology. Constructed with solid Hemlock wood and featuring a buckle construction the Radiant 2-person Hemlock Deluxe infrared sauna has been built to last. This home infrared sauna also features a slightly larger cabin so two occupants can fit in comfortably, and its size makes it perfect for relaxing.
Other features of the Radiant Sauna Hemlock Deluxe includes a CD player, AM/FM radio, light therapy, interior and exterior control panels, MP3 plug-in, a towel hook, magazine rack, back rests and an air ionizer. With a price tag of around $1,400, the home infrared sauna comes with a 5-year warranty for the wood, heating elements and the structure, and a 1-year warranty for the built-in radio.
5. BetterLife BL6109 1-2 Person Carbon Infrared Sauna with ChromoTherapy Lighting
Another home infrared sauna that’s been getting the best infrared sauna reviews is the BetterLife BL6109. The BL6109 features 8 Better Life carbon FAR infrared energy efficient heating panels for superior heating. Constructed with natural Hemlock wood and a premium finish, this is a great option for a home infrared sauna. You also get a reduced wattage floor heater and lower bench heater, and a soft touch control panel and LED display to set and keep track of the interior temperature from both inside and outside the sauna.
This is a far infrared sauna. This is an important factor to keep in mind when choosing to buy a home infrared sauna because it offers more value for your money. Far infrared rays are the rays which have the most benefit for the human body and this is what our sauna technology is based on. This high quality infrared sauna can be yours at a price tag of around $2,000 and comes with a 7-year limited manufacture warranty, along with a 3-year warranty for the wood construction, and a 1-year warranty for the built-in radio. This sauna also features the latest Chromo therapy (color therapy) system. The sauna can easily be plugged into any 15 AMP 110-volt outlet so it requires no complex wiring. You can also install this sauna on a carpet or any other surface.
6. JNH Lifestyles 2-Person Far Infrared Sauna 7 Carbon Fiber Heaters
When talking about the best infrared sauna on the market the JNH Lifestyles 2-person far-infrared sauna with 7 carbon fiber heaters comes to mind. That’s because this home infrared sauna offers both high quality and compact design features in a reasonably price point of around $1,000. The JNH Lifestyles infrared sauna has been built with high grade Hemlock wood with a copper finish which gives it a premium quality feel.It also features up to seven ETL approved, carbon fiber heaters that offer the best heating in infrared saunas. The JNH Lifestyles 2-person infrared sauna has been designed from FSC certified “green” wood (Canadian Hemlock T&G timber) with no added chemicals. This sauna has a “tools free” design which means that you can easily put together the sauna by clicking the pieces of the panels into place. The heaters are located at the back, sides and calf for superior heating. The sauna can also be used with a comfortable backrest. The infrared sauna features two in-built speakers and a built-in AUX control, along with a digital control to set and keep track of the temperature of the sauna. This infrared sauna also features an on/off switch, and volume rocker that works with any portable audio device. This sauna comes with a 5-year warranty, but with the high grade materials used in this product you can expect this sauna to last a lot longer. .
7. DYNAMIC SAUNAS AMZ-DYN-6310-01 Madrid 3-Person Far Infrared Sauna
The Dynamic saunas AMZ-DYN-6310-01 Madrid, 3-Person Far-infrared sauna is the larger variety of home infrared saunas. The infrared sauna uses different colors to adjust body vibrations to frequencies that result in good health. This is an ETL/CETL Approved sauna featuring a bronze privacy tempered glass door and side walls with tempered glass for added privacy. Soft touch control panels with a LED display and MP3 connection, and 8 carbon heating elements to ensure that the heating is distributed equally throughout the interior of the sauna. The AMZ-DYN-6310-01 comes for around $1,700, and offers quite a few features for its price point.
8. HeatWave SA2420DX Tuscon Monticello 4-Person Infrared Sauna with 10 Carbon Heaters
The HeatWave SA2420DX is considered to be amongst the best infrared sauna for home use at a price point of around $1,800. Featuring a solid Hemlock wood w/tongue and groove assembly, the SA2420DX infrared sauna is a premium quality home infrared sauna. The infrared sauna is a 4-person sauna equipped with 10 Carbon heaters that can heat up to 141 degrees Fahrenheit, back rests, a magazine holder, towel hooks, color (chromo) therapy light, and oxygen ionizers.
9. DYNAMIC SAUNAS AMZ-DYN-6210-01 Venice 2-Person Far Infrared Sauna
The Dynamic Saunas AMZ-DYN-6210-01 Venice 2-person sauna offers the very best of home infrared saunas. Featuring up to 6 low EMF FAR infrared carbon heating panels this infrared sauna delivers superior heating that’s comfortable and relaxing. The infrared sauna fits two occupants comfortably for the entire duration of a session. With a price tag of around $1,500 this home infrared sauna heats well, and offers quite a few premium features which is why it make it on our list of best infrared sauna for home use. Constructed from durable and high quality Canadian Hemlock wood this infrared sauna is easy to install and features MP3 connection, and the soft touch control panels and LED display show, making it a beautiful and worthwhile addition to any home.
10. TheraPure Sauna ESF302CHCB Infrared Heat Sauna
The TheraPureSauna ESF302CHCB comes at a price tag of $1,600 and is a three-person home infrared sauna. The ESF302CHCB features an ergonomic design, multi-interior reading lights, and a deluxe sound system. With a hemlock wood and clear natural finish, this home infrared sauna has a lot to offer. The sauna can reach up to 140 degrees Fahrenheit, which is perfect for sweating away harmful toxins and burning away excess calories. This 3-person infrared sauna boasts of a premium quality build and its compact design means that it does not take much space in your home.
Why Should You Use Infrared Sauna at Home?
Infrared light is the invisible part of the sun’s spectrum that we experience as heat. Even though it cannot be seen by the human eye, we can feel its warmth as sunshine on our skin. The infrared wavelength is extremely beneficial since it induces a kind of detoxifying sweat the has a number of health benefits we will get to shortly. For people who have health issues, a home infrared sauna can be used as a treatment for cardiovascular risk factors. An infrared sauna can also be used for treating other health problems that we will get to in a moment. Apart from the many health benefits of an infrared sauna, having one in your home also has a few benefits which is why more and more people are considering buying an infrared sauna for their home.
- It’s Much Cheaper than other Options – Using a sauna at the spa can be expensive Especially when you sign up for infrared sauna treatment programs. On the other hand, having a home infrared sauna means that you only pay once upfront for the infrared spa and its installation.
- Freedom of Choice – Signing up for infrared sauna sessions means that you can only use the sauna at a specific date, and for a specific amount of time, since there will be others wanting to use the sauna facilities wherever you go. You do not have to deal with this problem when you purchase your own home infrared sauna, which means you get to decide the time and for how long you are going to be using the sauna, since you’re the only one whose going to be using the infrared sauna if you’ve got one in your home.
- Winter-time Pain/Sinus Relief – Apart from being useful to soothe muscles and get rid of unwanted toxins, having a home infrared sauna means you do not have to drive up to the spa to get an infrared sauna treatment for your sinus congestion. Having a home infrared sauna means you get to reap all the benefits of an infrared sauna without having to leave the comfort of your home.
- The Matter of Cleanliness – Let’s be honest here. Sure, the sauna facilities in various places are great and have a lot to offer in terms of comfort and health benefits. But, they are also used by many people throughout the day, which brings about a matter of cleanliness in the public sauna facilities. This is not the case with a home infrared sauna since you are going to be the only one using it, or others whom you choose. This means that the sauna is going probably be much cleaner as compared to a heavily used public sauna.
Benefits of Using Home Infrared Sauna
Sitting in an infrared sauna is about the only time it is actually beneficial to sit. Finding the best home infrared sauna is a great way to improve one’s health mainly because of its many benefits. The following are some of the many benefits of using an infrared home sauna.
- Weight Loss – Home infrared saunas are a great way to lose excess weight. The body heat that it produces leads to an increase in your heart rate which is similar to exercising. Since the body has been designed to work harder to lower its core temperature, it in turn burns more calories which leads to weight loss. A 30-minute session in an infrared sauna can burn up to 600 calories.
- Detoxification – Using an infrared sauna is one of the best ways to eliminate harmful toxins from the body. The modern infrared sauna can get rid of up seven times more toxins as compared to the more traditional Swedish saunas.
- Pain Relief – Using an infrared sauna is also a great way to rid yourself of muscle or joint pain. A single session can help relax muscles and reduce inflammation.
- Skin Purification – An infrared saunais also great for purifying the skin by getting rid of harmful toxins that accumulate in the skin’s pores and helps increase blood circulation, which results in softer, smoother and younger looking skin.
- Relaxation – An infrared sauna can help relax the body by balancing out the cortisol levels, which are stress hormones produces naturally by the body. This is why infrared saunas are considered way to relax and unwind after a long day.
- Improved Circulation – Heating your muscles with an infrared light leads to an increase in blood flow, which is quite similar to that of regular exercise. Regular use of an infrared sauna can not only help stimulate blood flow, but can also lead to other health benefits as well. In other words, infrared therapy is like giving the body a passive cardio workout.
How Infrared Sauna Works and How to Use One?
To find out how an infrared sauna works you first have to know what infrared is. Infrared is basically electromagnetic radiation of a wavelength that’s longer than that of visible light, but is shorter than that of radio wavelengths. This type of radiation is harmless and penetrates the body and heats through a process known as conversion, rather than heating the air around you. This type of radiation is a lot similar to that which is radiated from the sun. An infrared sauna heats its occupants with heaters which emit far infrared radiant heat,unlike Finnish saunas, which uses steam.
Infrared waves are on the low end of the spectrum where the wavelengths are long and less intense. Infrared saunas are safe to use and is similar to the sun’s soothing warmth. Radiant heat is far more efficient because it warms you and not the air around you. The body is able to absorb as much as 93% of the heat that’s generated by infrared heaters.
Types of Infrared Saunas for Home Use
When deciding on purchasing an infrared sauna one thing to keep in mind are the types of infrared saunas available. It is important to note that infrared is divided into three spectral regions, near, mid and far-infrared. While the boundaries between the three vary and are not agreed upon, the main factor which determines these regions is the wavelength of each infrared types.
- Near-infrared levels – The lamps used in a near-infrared sauna are fairly inexpensive, and are easily found at most hardware stores. While a single bulb can be used, typically, three bulbs are sufficient to produce enough heat for an infrared sauna.Since the near infrared energy originates from a single direction instead of originating from throughout the cabin, the user should rotate their body during the session.
- Middle-infrared levels–Mid-infrared is a longer wavelength as compared to the near infrared wavelength. This type of wavelength is ideal for soft tissue, and for increasing circulation and reducing inflammation. The mid-level infrared saunas are commonly used for pain relief programs.
- Far-infrared levels – Far-infrared energy’s wavelengths occupy a position in the electromagnetic spectrum that’s more similar to the wavelength of the energy emitted by our cell phones or microwave ovens. This wavelength offers deep penetration that reaches the cellular level in the body. This helps cells purge harmful toxins from the system, including heavy metals, environmental toxins and pesticides.
Infrared Sauna for Home Use Buying Tips
If you are a potential buyer of a home infrared sauna then these tips can be used as a guide to making a more informed decision to get the best infrared sauna on the market.
Size of Sauna
The typical room sizes for an infrared sauna range from 4 by 4 feet to 8 by 12 feet. As far as infrared saunas go, the two-person sauna is the preferred size. Although there are infrared saunas in the market that can accommodate up to six bathers at a time. It should be noted here that the 4-person or 6-person sauna would be heavier and would also require a lot more space.
Type of Wood
There are three main types of wood that are used in the construction of infrared saunas; Canadian Red Cedar, Basswood and Canadian Hemlock wood. While these types are practically the same, there are really only a few differences in the wood type that’s used for infrared saunas. These depend on a few factors, such as;
- Wood toxicity – The amount of wood toxins in the wood is important since most people are looking to detox their bodies from toxins and not introduce their bodies to new ones.
- Wood weight – The weight of the wood can increase the price of the infrared sauna. Heavy woods are considered to be more durable and thus are expensive.
- Shrinkage – This factor is important since it gives us an idea of how the wood will age. This will also determine if the wood will easily splinter or crack.
- Crushing Strength – This is important since nobody will want to get their leg go through the floor. While construction design is an important factor as far as strength and durability goes, it is important for the wood to be strong enough to hold the occupants.
Number of Heaters
An infrared sauna uses either a Carbon-fiber heater or a ceramic heater, or a carbon/ceramic combo heater.
- Ceramic – Since ceramic is a powerful conductor of heat it allows the ceramic materials to absorb and radiate infrared better. This is also the main caveat of the ceramic heaters since they easily over heat and get too hot, with a surface temperature between 350 and 400 °F.
- Carbon — The use of carbon materials was a significant upgrade in infrared sauna design. Since carbon is more malleable, this results to the heat spreading throughout the surface area which lowers the surface temperature to 140 or 150 °F. This makes it too cool to emit the infrared rays necessary for an ideal temperature to promote good health.
- Carbon/Ceramic combo – This type has proven to be the most effective type of heater in the industry. This heater allows for more even heat distribution and a surface temperature that isn’t uncomfortable for the occupants. With a temperature of 200 °F, the Carbon/Ceramic combo heater creates the perfect wavelength that’s ideal for driving up your core body temperature, and thus, allows you to get amazing health benefits.
A home sauna is a significant investment which is why you would want to make the right choice. Before making the purchase you should do your homework on the best home sauna units available in the market. Researching on the various factors that need to be considered when buying an infrared sauna will help you get one that’s ideal for you.
Purchasing a good quality infrared sauna will ensure that you not only get a beautiful furniture wood with smooth contoured lines and edges, but also get one that does not easily mold, or cracks and bends with time. It is safe to say that high quality infrared saunas will be a bit expensive because of the high-quality wood and the latest technologies used in its design. When it comes to getting the best infrared sauna for home use, you get what you pay for.
When it comes to purchasing an infrared sauna the first thing you need to find out if whether or not the sauna dealer stands behind the product they’re selling. While the warranty of infrared saunas varies depending on the brand, there are sauna manufacturers that offer lifetime warranty for all electric components in their infrared saunas, and also offer free shipping of the parts as well. Always remember that the type of warranty you get for your infrared sauna will be an indicator of the quality of the sauna. You can be sure that the infrared sauna is going to easily break if the manufacturer isn’t ready to give you a lifetime warranty of their product.
The cost of the infrared sauna will depend on the size, brand and quality of the construction, the materials used and the energy rating. However, the estimated cost of infrared saunas in the market ranges between $1,500 to $2,500 for a 2-person infrared sauna. Between $2,000 to 4,000 for a 4-person infrared sauna, and between 6,000 to 15,000 for a 6-person infrared sauna. As you can see, size is a huge factor when it comes to the price of the infrared sauna but there are usually other components that factor in the over cost of a sauna, such as the installation cost.
- Cost of Installation –The quotes for installing the infrared sauna in your home can also vary depending on the size and the amount of work that’s required to install it properly. As a rule of thumb, it is wise to get quotes for installation from multiple sauna providers before making a decision.
- Running Cost –Once the infrared sauna has been successfully installed, there will be the electricity costs, which will depend on how much you pay per kilowatt-hour of energy use on your current utility plan. To get an idea, in the USA, a 1000W sauna that’s run for an hour will normally use up to 1 KWh of electricity.
Get the Best Infrared Sauna for Home Use
Choosing a sauna for your home can be a lot of fun, but only if you get the best infrared sauna for home use that is currently on the market. Preferably, it is wise to step inside and test the sauna before you purchase it. Home saunas are popular for good reason, they do not only provide people with an ideal way to relax, but also have quite a few health benefits just like foot massage, which makes purchasing one a wise decision.