We all know that nobody likes pimples. Then, what is the best face wash for pimples and dark spots? Nowadays, department stores have aisles dedicated to face wash products of all sorts, all promising to clean, moisturize and stave years off of your skin.
The good news is, this offers lots of variety to the consumer (that’s you), but this also means that you’re often left wandering the aisles thinking of which product to try out and which promise to believe. The sad news is, not all skincare products are created equal, especially when it comes to face wash. To save you time, we have found that Humane Benzoyl Peroxide 10% Face Wash is the best face wash you can get for get rid of pimples.
To make your life easier we combed the web and have found the most promising face wash products for all skin types. So, without further ado, here is the best face wash for pimples and dark spots.
- 15 Top Rated Face Wash Products for Pimples and Dark Spots
- 15 Best Face Wash for Pimples and Dark Spots Reviews
- What Are Pimples and Dark Spots?
- What Causes Pimples and Dark Spots?
- How a Face Wash Removes Pimples and Dark Spots?
- Why You Need to Use a Face Wash?
- How to Get Rid of Pimples and Dark Spots with a Face Wash?
- How to Choose the Best Face Wash for Pimples and Dark Spots?
- Skin Care for Acne Prone Skin
- Get the Best Face Wash for Pimples and Dark Spots Today
15 Top Rated Face Wash Products for Pimples and Dark Spots
The act of washing your face is pretty straightforward, but the main difference is the face wash product that you use. To make sure you get the best face wash for pimples and marks, here’s a list of the top face wash products for all skin types.
The interactive comparison table has 5 columns which are:
• Acne Face Wash pictures
• Brand and product name – (click to view more details or to purchase)
• Main Ingredients with Concentration (%)
• Price – These are approximate prices on Amazon.com. Here is the price legend.
- $ = under $50,
- $$ = $50 to $100,
- $$$ = $100 to $150
- $$$$ = $200+
• Rating – These are our ratings on a 1 to 5 scale.
Now that you have seen what is available, let us take a quick look at the reviews of the best face wash for pimples and dark spots for getting rid of acne from your skin.
15 Best Face Wash for Pimples and Dark Spots Reviews
Buying a face wash product can get confusing, especially with so many options available. Turns out, these ones really work in terms of cleansing one’s skin and getting rid of pimples and dark spots.
1. Acne Treatment AM/PM Cleanser Gel Face Wash
Acne Treatment AM/PM Cleanser Gel Face Wash & Best Exfoliating Skin Care is a gentle but effective face wash that can be used as a daily cleanser to rid the skin of acne-causing bacteria and breakouts. The product is considered to be extremely effective in unblocking pores and removing oil and dirt that clogs the pores, leaving you with beautiful, healthier looking skin.
Suitable for oily and acne-prone skin, the Acne Treatment AM/PM Cleanser Gel Face Wash & Best Exfoliating Skin Care is light and gentle, and helps exfoliate the skin effectively using the benefits of essential oils and other beneficial ingredients that help promote healthy skin. The best part is, this product can do all that without stripping away the natural oils of your skin, which makes it the perfect go-to skincare product.
2. Best Glycolic Acid Face Cleanser
There are three main ingredients in any face wash, and one of them is glycolic acid. So, you know right off the bat that the Best Glycolic Acid Face Cleanser for Oily and Acne Prone Skin is all business when it comes to cleansing the skin and ridding it of all the harmful bacteria that leads to acne breakouts. And that’s not all, this product is effective in exfoliating the skin and efficiently sloughing away the dead skin that is the main cause of blackheads, whiteheads and pimples.
This advanced cleansing formula contains glycolic acid, which is a popular skincare agent that’s derived from sugarcane and is used in many skincare products such as creams, serums and face washes because of its remarkable cleansing properties. If you’re looking for the best face wash for oily skin (male) then this is definitely one product that delivers in spades.
3. ArtNaturals Clarifying Acne Face Wash
ArtNaturals Clarifying Acne Face Wash Deep Cleansing and Exfoliation of Acne, is a gentle-acting face wash that’s one of the best alternatives for soap out there. ArtNaturals is a well-established brand in the US and is known for introducing us to some amazing skincare products in the past, and the ArtNaturals Clarifying Acne Face Wash Deep Cleansing and Exfoliation of Acne is certainly no exception. What makes this product special is that it’s completely free of any preservatives and contains a whole range of natural extracts that are beneficial for the health of our skin.
The product is ideal for people who have sensitive skin, but it can be used by anybody who wants to get rid of pimples and dark spots on their skin. The deep-cleansing formula effectively cleans dirt and oil from the skin, while including natural extracts such as aloe vera and cucumber to moisturize the skin after cleansing. The product is especially effective in removing acne and dark spots from the skin, leaving you with young and beautiful looking skin.
4. Humane Benzoyl Peroxide 10% Acne Treatment
No list of the best face wash for men for pimples would be complete without mentioning the Humane Benzoyl Peroxide 10% Acne Treatment, mainly because the skincare product has been formulated exclusively to treat breakout of pimples and acne on the face and body. The product is free from parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances and colors, which means that you can rest assured that you are purchasing a product that will not irritate your skin further.
Humane Benzoyl Peroxide 10% Acne Treatment is a product that has been developed for men and women so both can take advantage of its effectiveness when it comes to getting rid of acne and pimples. The product is highly effective in not just killing off bacteria that leads to acne breakouts, but also preventing future breakouts. While the product is aggressive in getting rid of acne, it is recommended for people with sensitive skin who also happen to be acne sufferers. By attacking acne, blocked pores and inflammation, this product allows you to get beautiful and acne-free skin in no time.
5. YADAH Anti Trouble Bubble Cleanser
If you’re in search for the best face wash for oily acne prone skin for men, then YADAH Anti Trouble Bubble Cleanser should be right up your aisle. This product is a gentle and low pH face wash that’s focused on people with acne-prone skin. The good news is, this product can be used on all skin types, and is equally effective when it comes to cleansing the skin and getting rid of acne outbreaks. The product is free from parabens and artificial fragrances, so you have a natural skincare product that’s not only effective as an acne-buster, but does not lead to any undesired side effects. While the product does not feature any artificial fragrances, it does give off a light lemonade scent, so you can use it before going out.
YADAH Anti Trouble Bubble Cleanser also works as an alternative to the commonly used harsh soaps and is considered as the best soap for pimples and dark spots. While the skincare product is not going to give you immediate results, the face wash has been formulated to treat acne breakouts, while preventing other products from taking away your skin’s natural glow. As a cleanser that’s targeted towards acne, this is one of those products that’s great when it comes to providing long-term results thanks to ingredients that provides the skin with all the nutrients it needs to remain healthy.
6. Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Face Wash
Neutrogena’s Oil-Free Acne Face Wash hits two birds with one stone by combining the benefits of an effective acne treatment formula with a cleanser that cleans the skin’s pores thoroughly, removing any clogged oil build-up and dry skin that often leads to acne breakouts and pimples. The product is touted as an oil-free product, but that doesn’t mean it’s any less efficient in cleansing the skin. That’s because one of the active ingredients of the Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Face Wash is Salicylic Acid which is a potent defense against acne and helps prevent any future breakouts.
Since there are no artificial fragrances or chemicals included in this formula, the Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Face Wash is able to soothe the skin, leaving it oil and residue free, while not over-drying the skin which can also be bad for your skin. When it comes to the best face wash for pimples and marks, this is one skincare product that you definitely wouldn’t want to miss out on. As an oil-free product, the facewash has become the go-to skincare product for all those who are looking to rid themselves from annoying acne breakouts.
7. Tea Tree Oil Face Cleanser
If you’ve been noticing acne breakouts in your skin recently, then the Tea Tree Oil Face Cleanser – Face and Body Wash for Dry and Oily skin is just the thing you need. The product is excellent in removing any blemishes that a person may get due to excess exposure to the sun’s rays, and is quite effective in removing excess oil, preventing future breakouts of acne in the process. This is a gel-based face wash which can be used as an alternative to best soap for pimples and dark spots. What makes this skincare product special is that it can be used on oily as well as dry skin types and is gentle enough for daily use.
The Body Shop is one of the more well-known skincare companies, that’s credited for introducing some of the most efficient and effective skincare products for all skin types, for both men and women, and they’ve certainly hit the mark this time with the Tea Tree Oil Face Cleanser – Face and Body Wash for Dry and Oily skin. Those who have used this product have nothing but praise for the cleansing properties of this skincare product which leaves your skin feeling soft, fresh and acne-free.
8. Just Us Beauty Acne Treatment
As a premium quality exfoliator that’s been formulated specifically for the treatment of acne and to prevent further acne breakouts, the Just Us Beauty Acne Treatment 2% Salicylic Acid Cleanser is definitely among the best face wash for men for pimples. The product has much to offer in terms of quality and potency when it comes to clearing dirt, oil buildup in the pores and acne. The active ingredients in this skincare product help reduce sebum secretion in the skin, offering users with a double-action formula for getting rid of outbreaks of acne and pimples.
But, that’s not all that Just Us Beauty Acne Treatment 2% Salicylic Acid Acne Cleanser has to offer. This skincare product also happens to be an effective anti-inflammatory agent, that helps soothe irritating acne breakouts, while its two-pronged approach deals with the acne from the inside, making sure your chances of getting future breakouts are minimized significantly. As far as deep cleansers go, this product is considered to deliver supreme exfoliation that penetrates clogged pores and oily skin, leaving you with smoother, livelier skin.
9. InstaNatural Acne Face Wash
InstaNaturals Acne Face Wash with Salicylic Acid is considered to be another effective acne buster treatment for those who stare at acne outbursts a lot. The product has an explosive active ingredient in Salicylic Acid that works together with a blend of other proprietary ingredients to provide one of the best acne treatments available. The deep-action formula is the go-to treatment for those battling outbreaks of acne, and the good news is, this product is powerful enough to prevent any future outbreaks while its deep cleaning formula rids the pores from excess buildup of oil and dry skin which leads to blackheads, whiteheads and pimples.
The InstaNatural Acne Face Wash with Salicylic Acid has a powerful enough formula to thoroughly cleanse the skin, preventing future blemishes as well. The product also contains a heavy dose of Vitamin E so your skin won’t be left dry or irritated. What makes this product different as compared to other skincare products is that the InstaNatural Acne Face Wash can also be used on the rest of the body, making it possible for a person to address multiple causes of acne simultaneously.
10. Obagi CLENZIderm M.D. Daily Care Foaming Cleanser
When mentioning the best face wash for oily acne prone skin for men, the Obagi CLENZIderm M.D. Daily Care Foaming Cleanser Salicylic Acid 2% Acne Treatment can never be too far behind. This is a natural cleanser and exfoliator that’s been formulated specifically for acne, and can be used by those with both oily and dry skin. What makes Obagi CLENZIderm M.D. Daily Care Foaming Cleanser Salicylic Acid 2% Acne Treatment unique is its effective formula that is able to remove the build-up of oil, dirt and pollutants in the pores.
In this way, the product is able to promote clean and clear skin and a balanced complexion. The innovative formula not only soothes inflammation in the skin, but also keeps the pH balance in check, which means that any blemishes and discoloration on the skin begin healing almost immediately after use.
11. ULTIMATE Organic Face Wash
As the name implies the ULTIMATE Organic Face Wash with Activated Charcoal is considered to be the ultimate face wash for both men and women. This product features a special ingredient that adds to the punch when it comes to treating acne breakouts. Not only do you get to treat your acne with this skincare product, but the addition of charcoal to the formula means that it automatically removes any impurities in the skin, leaving your skin looking clearer and younger from within.
The product features all natural Korean charcoal that is incredible at removing any excess oil and dirt that accumulates within the skin’s pores. Along with being an effective deep cleaner, the ULTIMATE Organic Face Wash with Activated Charcoal is also an anti-aging cleanser that takes years off your skin, leaving your skin looking young and rejuvenated. If you want a skincare product that will keep your skin clean and healthy then this is definitely one product that warrants a try.
12. Neutralyze Anti-Acne Solution Neutralyze
Neutralyze Anti-Acne Solution Neutralyze Moderate To Severe Acne Treatment Kit (30 Day) is a clinically formulated skincare product that’s aimed at clearing up outbreaks of acne and pimples, including whiteheads, blackheads, blemishes and acne scars that often get left behind. This product contains Nitric Oxide as the main active ingredient that’s one of the known anti-acne ingredients that are used in skincare products. With Neutralyze Anti-Acne Solution Neutralyze Moderate To Severe Acne Treatment Kit (30 Day) you get a more concentrated form of the ingredient that’s proven to be even more effective as a treatment for acne outbreaks of all types.
Apart from its main anti-acne ingredient, this product also contains a highly effective clearing serum that’s based on Salicylic Acid, another effective anti-inflammatory ingredient known for its properties as a strong anti-irritant, and for its healing properties. The skincare product is able to effectively neutralize acne outbreaks, while preventing future occurrences. The product has had much success as an anti-acne treatment and is gentle enough to be used every day.
13. Desert Essence Thorough Clean Face Wash
Another premium skincare product that’s made it to our list of the best face wash for pimples and marks is the Desert Essence Thorough Clean Face Wash Oily Skin. The name “thorough clean” is an apt name for this product since it seems to clean the skin by ridding it of any excess oil and dirt almost effortlessly. The product is basically a solution that contains organic tea tree oil along with Goldenseal extracts and Chamomile an essential oil, known for its skin cleaning properties.
By combining all of these rich ingredients together, Desert Essence has managed to create one of the best skincare products that are available today, that not only helps get rid of acne, but also leaves your skin looking clear and radiant. Those who are looking to use this product daily need not worry about any side effects since the Desert Essence Thorough Clean Face Wash Oily Skin is unlike other harsh formulations that damage the skin when used excessively.
14. TreeActiv Acne Eliminating Face Cleanser
Those who are looking for the best face wash for oily skin (male) can also try out the TreeActiv Acne Eliminating Face Cleanser | Natural Facial Treatment Cleansing Skin Wash, which is an all-natural, 100% vegetarian formulation that offers the benefits of its acne eliminating properties along with a gentle balancing herbal toner that nourishes the skin. This product is so much more than just an anti-acne product, it features many amazing ingredients that are known for their skin cleansing properties.
Some of the ingredients that are used in this product are jojoba oil, grapeseed essential oil and other anti-acne and anti-aging properties that set this product apart from the rest. The cleansing crème has proven to be effective against not only acne, but also inflammation, redness, and other skin conditions such as rosacea and Cystic acne.
15. OIL CONTROL Face Wash
OIL CONTROL is an oil-free face cleanser that’s in the form of a foaming gel. The OIL CONTROL Face Wash for Oily Skin – Natural Oil Free Face Wash is exceptional when it comes to its deep cleansing properties that help combat not only acne, but also clogged pores and excessively oily skin which results to breakouts of acne and pimples. This product is especially useful for those who have got sensitive skin and are looking for a product that can treat acne without leading to drying skin.
The main active ingredient in this product is Ylang Ylang Oil, Sage and Orange Oil. These three ingredients work together to reduce blemishes and irritation in the skin while preventing any future acne. The advanced formula of this product also prevents pore enlargement, which is one of the reasons for acne breakouts. The regular use of OIL CONTROL Face Wash for Oily Skin can easily leave your skin smooth and pH balanced.
What Are Pimples and Dark Spots?
A pimple, zit or spot occurs whenever the oil glands in our skin become overactive and as a result, the pores of our skin become inflamed. Pimples can appear practically everywhere on the skin, but them more often than not affect the face. Acne is the skin condition that’s characterized by the outbreak of red pimples that are red and itchy. Acne mostly occurs due to infected or inflamed sebaceous glands, and mostly once one reaches adolescence.
What Causes Pimples and Dark Spots?
The cells of our skin are constantly dying and new skin cells are growing. When new skin cells grow, the dead skin cells of the outer layer are shed automatically. An excess buildup of oil allows for the buildup of this dead skin along with other debris and also bacteria. Pimples, breakouts and acne are the result of these buildups.
Hormonal changes have also known to cause an increase in sebum production as well as unhealthy eating habits. Dark spots or age spots however, are the result of excess production of melanin in the body. While doctors do not know the exact reason for dark spots appearing on the skin, some of the factors that are said to be related are excess exposure to the sun, natural aging and exposure to other forms of ultraviolet (UV) lights.
How a Face Wash Removes Pimples and Dark Spots?
Dark spots and pimples are some of the most common problems that are prevailing among young people. While the two skin conditions can be treated in many ways, the most popular mode of treatment for pimples and dark spots is with the use of a face wash. But, as mentioned earlier, not all face wash products are created equal so to find one that will give you the results you are looking for you will have to use the best face wash for men for pimples. Face wash products contain many anti-inflammatory properties including antioxidants which help remove pimples and dark spots from the face, while preventing future outbreaks.
With a combination of numerous minerals, vitamins and enzymes available in the ingredients that make up face wash products they are able to provide relief by effectively treating breakouts of pimples and dark spots, while making the skin look smooth and young in the process. It does this by cleansing the sebaceous oils, dirt and bacteria without causing any harm to the skin or leading to dry skin, which is also bad for the skin.
Why You Need to Use a Face Wash?
Pimples and dark spots that are caused by excessive oil buildup in the pores can create an uneven skin tone that leads to stress and lowered self-esteem. But, there is a way out of this sticky situation. By using the best face wash for pimples and dark spots you can rid yourself of pimples and dark spots, leading to clean and clear skin. The following are a few reasons why you should use a face wash if you have acne prone skin:
- Removes makeup, dead skin cells, and dirt — One of the ways in which a face wash product can keep your skin healthy is by removing any makeup, dead skin cells and dirt that builds up in the pores that not only clogs the pores, but also leads to breakouts of acne.
- Unclogs skin pores — Clogged pores can keep dead skin cells, dirt and bacteria trapped within the pores which can lead to breakouts of acne and other skin conditions. The best way to prevent this is by using an effective face wash that gently cleanses the skin and rids it of the harmful buildup of oil and bacteria that leads to breakouts.
- Prevents skin conditions such as acne — By keeping your skin clean, a face wash product ensures that there’s not going to be any breakout of acne or future breakouts of acne.
- Protects skin from bacteria — Rather than wait for a breakout of acne or pimples to occur, the best way to keep yourself from having to deal with acne, pimples or dark spots is by using a face wash to gently remove dirt and bacteria from the skin’s pores.
How to Get Rid of Pimples and Dark Spots with a Face Wash?
When cleansing your skin, the trick is to remove the buildup of dirt, bacteria and sebum without interfering with the body’s natural moisture barrier. To achieve that the face wash must be rubbed gently on your face in gentle circular motions. You can easily get rid of pimples and dark spots on your face by using the best face wash for oily acne prone skin for men. Here’s a quick guide on how you can do just that:
- STEP 1 – First, wet your face with lukewarm water.
- STEP 2 – Now, squeeze a small amount of the face wash onto your hand and lather up your fingers by rubbing your hands together.
- STEP 3 – Then, gently massage your skin in gentle circular motions for at least 30 seconds.
- STEP 4 – Lastly, rinse your face and neck with cold water.
This routine can be repeated in the evening as well to remove any oil and other impurities that have been built up in your pores during the day.
How to Choose the Best Face Wash for Pimples and Dark Spots?
When searching for a face wash you will obviously want to purchase the best face wash for oily acne prone skin for men. Here are a few tips that you can use when searching for a face wash product.
- Active Ingredient – The active ingredient of a face wash product is going to make a big difference on its effects. The following are some of the most commonly used active ingredients when it comes to a face wash.
- Salicylic acid – Salicylic acid is a peeling agent that is used in skincare products to help accelerate the shedding of the outer layer of the dried skin and is more commonly used for the treatment of acne, dandruff and other skin conditions such as seborrhea and psoriasis.
- Benzoyl peroxide – This ingredient is basically an antibacterial used to treat mild to moderate levels of acne. It works by reducing the breakouts of acne in acne prone skin.
- Glycolic Acid – Glycolic Acid comes from a group of compounds known as AHA compounds. It is derived from sugar cane and is effective in the treatment of acne, oiliness and blackheads.
- Concentration of active ingredient – Since the active ingredients in face wash products vary from brand to brand, so too does the concentration of the active ingredient being used. You should always read the label to get a better idea of the concentration of the active ingredient used in the skincare product you’ve purchased.
- pH level of Face Wash – pH is a scale that measures acidity and alkalinity, with zero being the most acidic and 14 the most alkaline. There are pH test strips that are available that measure the acidity of your skin. A pH level of anywhere between 4.5 and 5.5 is considered to be normal. Skin care products with a pH higher than 5.5 can increase the pH in your skin temporarily, and should be avoided.
- Complementary Ingredients – Face wash products are not only made of their active ingredients, some other ingredients that are commonly found in face wash products include;
- Kojic Acid – This is often found in skin lightening agents and can reduce the effects of dark spots and discoloration on your skin. It does this by inhibiting the skin’s melanin production which is the cause of discoloration.
- Vitamin E – Vitamin E is a fat-soluble vitamin and can be easily absorbed by the skin. This helps fade away scars and dark spots that are on the skin leading to clean and clearer skin.
- Azelaic Acid – This is a class of medication known as Dicarboxylic acids. It works by decreasing the swelling and redness associated with skin conditions such as rosacea and acne.
- Jojoba Oil – Jojoba Oil is a favorite in skincare products and is suitable for all skin types. Jojoba oil is filled with nutrients; antioxidants that help reduce inflammation and soothe acne breakouts.
- Tea Tree Oil – Tea Tree Oil is a safe topical treatment for skin conditions such as acne and other skin problems. It is completely safe and does not cause any irritation to the skin.
- Supported Skin Types – Even the best face wash for pimples and marks vary when it comes to skin type. To make sure you are using a product that’s compatible with your skin type. Don’t forget to read the label.
- Oily Skin — This skin type remains smoother as it ages, with fewer wrinkles as compared to the other skin types. That’s because oily skin acts as a built-in moisturizer. Oily skin can lead to clogged pores which may require the use of skin cleansing products. The optimal pH level for our skin is 5.5.
- Normal Skin — Regular or normal skin has a good balance of moisture and therefore has an even tone. Most people have regular skin, but it’s still important to avoid excess exposure to the sun.
- Sensitive Skin — Sensitive skin can occur due to reactions from eczema, or dermatitis. Overly dry skin or injured skin that no longer can protect the nerve endings leads to sensitive skin, and requires special care.
- Dry Skin — This skin type often leads to itching, scaling and cracking, which occurs easily due to a variety of reasons. Dry skin is usually caused by using harsh soaps and skincare products.
- Oil Free, sulfate free, paraben free – While using any face wash product you would want to make sure that it does not have any adverse affects to your skin. Products that contain parabens, oil or sulfates should always be avoided since they can lead to further breakout of acne and irritation.
- Brand – The brand of the face wash you use will always make a difference. Brands that are well known are oftentimes better to use than those brands that you haven’t heard of before. Do a quick search online to find the best brands for your particular skin condition.
- Price – Contrary to popular belief, the price of the product you use does not have anything to do with quality. While searching online for the best face wash for oily acne prone skin for men, always compare products to get the best deals.
Skin Care for Acne Prone Skin
The following are some regimens you can use when treating acne prone skin.
- Morning skin care regimen – A morning skincare regimen should always be the first thing you do after you wake up. This can be done by simply using one of the aforementioned face wash products to cleanse your skin.
- Night skin care regimen – A nighttime skincare regimen will help cleanse all of the dirt, sebum and dead skin cells that have built up in your pores during the day. This is one of the most important times to cleanse your skin especially after what your skin has gone through during the day.
- Weekly skin care regimen – Those who do not find the time to cleanse their skin during the day can do so during the weekend, albeit this should be a more thorough process. Take your time and do not rush while using the face wash to cleanse your skin.
Get the Best Face Wash for Pimples and Dark Spots Today
So, there you have it. Just as it is important to remove hyper pigmentation with Vitamin C, so is removing pimples and dark spots with face wash. These were just a few of our tops picks for the best face wash for pimples and dark spots, which can be used by men and women. The number one factor while dealing with acne prone skin, pimples and dark spots is to be consistent with your treatment. Skipping a single day can make a big difference, so be patient and persistent while treating acne-prone skin.