15 Best Outdoor Tanning Lotion For Fair Skin in 2020
Summer is around the corner, and if you can’t wait to get to the beach, you may have thought of tanning lotion. If you sport a fair complexion, chances are that you’ll be searching for the best outdoor tanning lotion for fair skin to use this summer, in which case, you’ve come to the right place. While you are at it, don’t forget to pack to apply Ed Hardy Coconut Kisses Golden Tanning Lotion on your skin this summer while you are out enjoying the sun and the ocean breeze.
This is going to be your go-to guide for getting tanning lotions that have been specifically formulated for fair skin, and that will give your skin the protection its needs without making you smell flowery. So, let’s get started.
- 1 15 Top Rated Outdoor Tanning Lotion for Fair Skin
- 2 15 Best Outdoor Tanning Lotion for Fair Skin Reviews
- 2.1 1. Ed Hardy Coconut Kisses Golden Tanning Lotion
- 2.2 2. Millenium Tanning New Paint It Black, 50X
- 2.3 3. Australian Gold SPF 15 Sunscreen with Instant Bronzer
- 2.4 4. Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil
- 2.5 5. Australian Gold CHEEKY BROWN Accelerator
- 2.6 6. BeachLife, Indoor/Outdoor Intensifiers
- 2.7 7. Somewhere on a Beach Instant Dark Tanning Lotion
- 2.8 8. OrganicGOLD Virgin Coconut Tanning Oil
- 2.9 9. Tropical Sands All Natural Dark Tanning Oil
- 2.10 10. Maui Babe Browning Lotion
- 2.11 11. Supre Smoke Black Bronzer
- 2.12 12. Banana Boat Deep Tanning Oil Spray
- 2.13 13. SunGodZ Apollo/Artemis 375X Bronzer Tanning Lotion
- 2.14 14. Swedish Beauty Shea You Love Me Tanning Lotion
- 2.15 15. Beauty by Earth Self Tanner Sunless Tanning Lotion
- 3 What is an Outdoor Tanning Lotion?
- 4 What is Self-Tanning?
- 5 Why Use Outdoor Tanning Lotion?
- 6 How an Outdoor Tanning Lotion Works?
- 7 How to Use an Outdoor Tanning Lotion?
- 8 How to Choose the Best Outdoor Tanning Lotion for Fair Skin?
- 9 Benefits of Using Outdoor Tanning Lotion
- 10 Get the Best Outdoor Tanning Lotion for Your Skin Today
15 Top Rated Outdoor Tanning Lotion for Fair Skin
If you’re searching for an outdoor tanning lotion for fair skin, chances are, you have come across quite a few already. That’s because there is no dearth of tanning-related products. One trip to your local superstore will expose you to hundreds of tanning lotions and oils, all promising to be the best. But, just like with everything else in life, not all tanning lotions have been created equal. That’s not good news for those who are looking for a tanning lotion that will keep their skin protected once they are exposed to the sun.
Luckily for you, we have combed the web to find the best indoor and outdoor tanning lotion products you can use this summer. For a quick glimpse at our top picks, check out our comparison table given below. For a more descriptive review, read on.
|Picture||Tanning Lotion||Tanning Lotion Type||Price||Our Ratings|
|Ed Hardy Coconut Kisses Golden Tanning Lotion||Accelerator||$$|
|Millenium Tanning New Paint It Black, 50X||Maximizer||$|
|Australian Gold SPF 15 Sunscreen with Instant Bronzer||Accelerator||$|
|Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil||Accelerator||$|
|Australian Gold CHEEKY BROWN Accelerator||Bronzer||$$|
|BeachLife, Indoor Outdoor Intensifiers||Accelerator||$|
|Somewhere on a Beach Instant Dark Tanning Lotion||Maximizer||$$|
|OrganicGOLD Virgin Coconut Tanning Oil||Accelerator||$$|
|Tropical Sands All Natural Dark Tanning Oil||Accelerator||$|
|Maui Babe Browning Lotion||Accelerator||$|
|Supre Smoke Black Bronzer||Bronzer||$$|
|Banana Boat Deep Tanning Oil Spray||Bronzer||$|
|SunGodZ Apollo Artemis 375X Bronzer Tanning Lotion||Accelerator||$$|
|Swedish Beauty Shea You Love Me Tanning Lotion||Bronzer||$$|
|Beauty by Earth Self Tanner Sunless Tanning Lotion||Bronzer||$$|
The interactive comparison table has 5 columns which are:
• Outdoor Tanning Lotion pictures
• Brand and product name – (click to view more details or to purchase)
• Tanning Lotion Type
• Price – These are approximate prices on Amazon.com. Here is the price legend.
- $ = under $20,
- $$ = $20 to $50,
- $$$ = $50 to $100
- $$$$ = $100+
• Rating – These are our ratings on a 1 to 5 scale.
Now that you have seen what is available, let us take a quick look at the reviews of the best outdoor tanning lotion for fair skin for getting bronzed up for summer.
15 Best Outdoor Tanning Lotion for Fair Skin Reviews
1. Ed Hardy Coconut Kisses Golden Tanning Lotion
Coconut Kisses Golden Tanning Lotion is brought to you by Ed Hardy, a staple in tanning lotions for both outdoor and indoor use. The brand is synonymous with quality with every tanning product they release and the Ed Hardy Coconut Kisses Golden Tanning Lotion is no exception. This particular tanning lotion features a Quad Tyrosine blend and many other ingredients such as Nouritan, Melactiva and even a tattoo color fade protector to deliver you a longer lasting tan, while protecting your tats.
2. Millenium Tanning New Paint It Black, 50X
The Millennium Tanning New Paint It Black, 50X features a 50x auto-darkening tan technology that’s cutting edge when it comes to outdoor tanning lotions. Get an even and darker looking tan every time with this tanning lotion which also lasts longer than many others available in the market. If you’re looking for the best indoor outdoor tanning lotion, then look no further than the Millenium Tanning New Paint It Black, 50X.
3. Australian Gold SPF 15 Sunscreen with Instant Bronzer
If you’re looking for a quick fix than we may have something for you with the Australian Gold SPF 15 Spray Gel Sunscreen with Instant Bronzer. This spray tan also comes with a bronzer that makes it far more powerful than the traditional tan lotions. The bronze tone looks incredible in the sun and will definitely win you brownie points amongst friends.
4. Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil
If you’re searching for a luminous skin tone then the Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil is just the thing you need. This is an intensely hydrating tanning oil that does wonders for your skin while giving you an incredible looking tan you can be proud of. It comes with a fresh coconut scent that will transport you to a tropical island instantly.
5. Australian Gold CHEEKY BROWN Accelerator
For those who aren’t into sprays, Australian Gold also offers a natural bronzer that offers some incredible results. The Australian Gold, CHEEKY BROWN Accelerator Dark Natural Bronzers, is one of the best products in an already impressive lineup by Australian Gold. This is no ordinary bronzer and offers unmatched antioxidant power along with helping neutralize free radicals in the body, while providing you with a natural looking bronzing effect that lasts for days.
6. BeachLife, Indoor/Outdoor Intensifiers
When it comes to indoor or outdoor intensifiers, BeachLife is one brand that comes to mind. The company has been responsible for providing many incredible products over the years and has certainly gone a step further with the line of BeachLife, Indoor/Outdoor Intensifiers that have been formulated to provide an even tan to those who love getting a bronze look for the summer. The product has some amazing ingredients including coconut oil, seaweed extract and a whole host of other ingredients that gives it an edge over the rest when it comes to getting a darker looking tan.
7. Somewhere on a Beach Instant Dark Tanning Lotion
The Somewhere on a Beach, Indoor Outdoor, Instant Dark Tanning Lotion has been infused with all of the ingredients one would expect to find in a tanning lotion. This is by far one of the best outdoor tanning lotion for pale skin that we’ve come across in a long time. The formula contains some amazing ingredients all of which blend perfectly together to give you an amazing looking tan that lasts for days. The tanning lotion smells awesome too, which is another plus point of buying the Somewhere on a Beach, Indoor Outdoor, Instant Dark Tanning Lotion.
8. OrganicGOLD Virgin Coconut Tanning Oil
If you are looking for an incredible sun tan this summer, then going with the OrganicGOLD Virgin Coconut Best Outdoor Sun Tanning Oil will be a great option. Like the others, this tanning lotion has been formulated for extremely fair skin and also comes with quite a few protective properties that makes getting this particular product worth the investment, especially if you are looking to sport an incredible looking tan this summer.
9. Tropical Sands All Natural Dark Tanning Oil
This might just be one of the best outdoor tanning oil for fair skin you will find in the market today. The Tropical Sands All-Natural Dark Tanning Oil offers impressive results when it comes to getting a tan. The formula includes ultra-hydrating and all natural properties that will do wonders for your skin apart from giving you an incredible looking tan. What sets this brand apart from the rest is that the formula can be used for both indoor and outdoor tanning, making it a versatile product, which can give you a beautiful, long lasting tan.
10. Maui Babe Browning Lotion
With the Maui Babe Browning Lotion, what you see is what you get. This is probably one of the only tanning lotions available that’s actually brown in color. The manufacturer’s answer to the question of why the lotion is brown is simple – because that’s what you want to be. But, the Maui Babe Browning Lotion is so much more than just a plain old outdoor tanning lotion. It has some amazing ingredients that help promote and nourish healthy skin. Since it’s a tanning accelerant, this means that you will get your tan a lot faster than other tanning lotions available in the market.
11. Supre Smoke Black Bronzer
The Supre Smoke Black Bronzer is another excellent option for those who want to try out a bronzer to get that perfect Greek-god like bronze look. The formula combines the effectiveness of a bronzer with a dark tan maximizer which results in an amazing tan that lasts for weeks. The formula also helps protect the skin against sun burn and works well as both an indoor and outdoor tanning solution. The Supre Smoke Black Bronzer will leave your skin feeling smoother and sexier with each bronzing session.
12. Banana Boat Deep Tanning Oil Spray
If you’ve already tried the best indoor and outdoor tanning lotion, then why not go with a tanning oil spray this time. But not just any tanning oil spray, the Banana Boat Deep Tanning Oil Spray with Carrot and Banana Extracts is one of the best options you could choose when it comes to tanning sprays. The product delivers an impressive result and doesn’t take long to give you the perfect tanned look. Those who are looking to get a deep and rich tanning color only need to spray on more of the product and watch as the magic happens.
13. SunGodZ Apollo/Artemis 375X Bronzer Tanning Lotion
The SunGodZ Apollo/Artemis 375X Bronzer Tanning Lotion with Argan, Coconut Oil and Agave may be a mouthful of a name to remember, but the tanning results make every syllable in there worth it. Prepare to get the darkest tan that’s possible with this tanning lotion along with a refreshing moisturizer base that contains the likes of argan, agave extract, olive, and coconut oils and caffeine to protect and moisturize your skin.
14. Swedish Beauty Shea You Love Me Tanning Lotion
If you’re looking for the best outdoor tanning lotion for pale skin, then look no further than the Swedish Beauty, Shea You Love Me, Tanning Lotion, a specially formulated tanning lotion that is able to deliver in spades when it comes to tanning. With its blend of apple, aloe vera, and vitamins A and E, this tanning lotion is all business and will prepare your pale white skin for a darker tone that lasts for weeks. The formula also targets skin conditions such as eczema and dry skin while giving you a great looking tan.
15. Beauty by Earth Self Tanner Sunless Tanning Lotion
Last but certainly not the least, the Beauty by Earth Self Tanner – Organic and Natural Ingredients Sunless Tanning Lotion and Best Bronzer has earned a spot on our list of the best outdoor tanning accelerator for fair skin. For those who are looking forward to a sun-kissed glow, this natural self-tanner is just the thing you need. It not only helps protect your skin from the harmful rays of the sun, but makes sure your skin gets an even tan every time, leaving you with beautiful looking skin every time.
What is an Outdoor Tanning Lotion?
Getting a tan is a popular trend these days. To get the best tan however, if you are fair skinned, you are going to need an outdoor tanning lotion for fair skin. But, that’s not all. There are also multiple options when it comes to choosing the type of tanning lotions you want to use. The following will give you some information on the various types of tanning lotions that are available out there for fair skin.
- Accelerators — As the name implies, accelerators are the ideal option for those who want to get a tan extremely fast. But, they are also great for those who are going to get their first tan. The main goal of an accelerator is to create a base tan which can then be built on, depending on your personal preference.
- Maximizers — A Maximizer is ideal for those people who already have a base tan, but want to go a step further and get a deeper tan. In this case, applying a maximizer, which is designed to give you a deeper tan is the way to go when looking to get a deep tan that lasts longer.
- Bronzers — For those who want to stand out, getting a tanning lotion which includes a bronzer should do the trick. The purpose of using a bronzer is to darken the skin, while getting the desired color.
- Anti-aging — An anti-aging tanning lotion includes useful vitamins and minerals that are necessary for the nourishment of your skin, while you get a tan. This particular tanning lotion is ideal for those who want to stay safe from the damaging effects of the sun’s rays while getting a tan.
- Tattoo Protection — If you are looking forward to getting a tan, but have one or more tattoos on your body, then going with a plain tanning lotion won’t do. This is where you are going to need the protection of a tanning lotion that doesn’t let the sun’s rays fade the tattoo. A good outdoor tanning lotion should be able to protect your tattoos while you’re getting a tan.
What is Self-Tanning?
Ever since the invention of tanning, men and women have wanted the Midas look. This is achieved through the use of various tanning products that are readily available in the markets. Self-tanning or DIY tanning is one such option that has grown in popularity over the years. Contrary to popular belief, self-tanning is a safe way of achieving a tan without having to go through the hard work of sitting out in the sun all day. For those who are looking forward to going the DIY route, there are a couple of options available, namely lotions, gels or moisturizers and specially formulated bronzing powders.
Lotions/ Moisturizers / Gels
When it comes to the DIY route to achieving a tan, one of the easiest options is by using a tanning gel or lotion. Depending on the kind of tan you want, you can purchase a product that has been formulated to develop a particular shade of color or products that develop your tan gradually. Regardless of the tanning product you use, it’s important to make sure you apply the lotion or gel on clean and un-moisturized skin. If you’ve got hair on your chest, hand or legs, shave before you apply the lotion for a more even tan. To make sure the tan lasts, try not to wet the area for at least six hours after getting the tan.
Another option is to use a bronzing powder that’s great for getting a tan on the fly. The bronzing powder can be applied to give you a light or dark tan and these products also normally contain luminous spheres, which gives off a light shimmer. The great thing about bronzing powders is that it does not require a foundation to get a darker looking skin.
A sun bed or sun booth is a tanning bed where the person has to lie down or stand up, before being exposed to UV rays. The radiation of the UV rays is far greater than being exposed to direct sunlight, which is why the safety of the sun bed has been a point of great concern in many circles. Regular use of a sun bed has also been linked to skin cancer, which is another reason why it should be avoided.
Why Use Outdoor Tanning Lotion?
It is without a doubt that using outdoor tanning lotions that are specifically formulated for outdoor use come with a set of benefits that people who are looking to get a tan should take advantage of. Using an outdoor tanning lotion for fair skin can help stimulate the body’s natural tanning process, giving you a better looking, more even tan. The following are some other reasons why you should consider using a tanning lotion the next time you want to get a tan;
- Skin Conditioning and Protection — Outdoor tanning lotions have been formulated to have certain skin conditioning and protection properties that keep the skin safe from the harmful effects of the sun.
- Essential Nutrients and Vitamins for Skin — Most tanning lotions come with essential oils, vitamins and minerals which ensure your skin gets the nutrients it needs to stay healthy and fresh.
- Sun burn protection — Tanning lotions are formulated with ingredients that protect the skin from the sun. This means that a tanning lotion can keep your skin safe by providing sun burn protection while you get your tan.
- Preventing uneven skin tan — Using a good outdoor tanning lotion can also prevent you from getting an uneven tan, which is something you definitely would not want.
- Long lasting tan — While there are a few ways of getting yourself a tan, they will not last as long as getting one the old-fashioned way. By using the rays of the sun and the best outdoor tanning lotion for pale skin.
- Moisturizing effect — It’s crucial to keep the skin healthy while you sun-bathe outside. The powerful UV rays of the sun can have a devastating effect on your sensitive skin, especially if you do not use any protection. Using a tanning lotion helps moisturize your skin by providing it by essential vitamins and minerals, and keeps the skin hydrated while outdoors.
How an Outdoor Tanning Lotion Works?
Everyone is unique, which is why different tanning lotions will have a different effect on one’s skin. This is also the reason why you need to get an outdoor tanning lotion that suits your skin. There’s no one-size-fits-all answer to this one, but going with the best options is usually the smart thing to do. How a tanning lotion works is pretty straightforward. All you have to do is apply the lotion evenly on your entire exposed body. Each tanning lotion will have its own requirements as to how long you should stay in the sun, so go through the instructions carefully on the label of the tanning product you choose.
How to Use an Outdoor Tanning Lotion?
The following are some tips for those who are wondering how to get an even and amazing tan this summer. Once you have the best outdoor tanning lotion for fair skin you can proceed towards getting your tan by using the following steps;
Step #1: Exfoliate
This is the first and most important part of getting a tan that doesn’t look fake. All you have to do is take a shower and use scrub to get rid of the layer of dead skin that covers the body. It will also allow the skin to absorb more of the tanning product you use, enabling you to get a longer lasting tan. You don’t need to use a moisturizer because the outdoor tanning lotion you are going to use will work as a moisturizer for your skin.
Step #2: One Leg at a Time
Start with one leg and then the other. Squeeze a little of the outdoor tanning lotion from the tube into the palm of your hand. With the other hand, start distributing the lotion over your legs, beginning from the top and making your way down to the shin, ankles and feet. Don’t forget to use downward strokes with your whole hand to evenly distribute the tanning lotion over the skin.
Step # 3: Chest and arms
Once you have evenly covered the leg area with tanning lotion, it’s time to move to your arms and your chest. Take a small amount of the tanning lotion in the palm of your hand and distribute it evenly on the parts of your body with your free hand. You don’t need to use too much of the product, because you’ll be surprised how a little tanning lotion can go a long way. Once you’re done, it’s time to head out, if you aren’t already.
How to Choose the Best Outdoor Tanning Lotion for Fair Skin?
Ever since tanning became a trend, there have been countless tanning products that are available in the market. This can make choosing the right one a tough nut to crack. Here, we have put together a few tips that should help you make the right choice when it comes to outdoor tanning lotions for fair skin.
Active Ingredients – The active ingredients that are present in an outdoor tanning lotion for fair skin will mainly depend on the type of tanning product you have purchased. The following are some popular ingredients that are found in outdoor tanning lotions for fair skin.
- Dihydroxyacetone (DHA)— In tanning lotions, DHA acts on the accumulated dead skin cells on the surface of the skin. DHA reacts with the amino acids found in the dead skin cells and produces a chemical called melanoidins.
- Melanin— Tanning lotions help accelerate the tanning process, by promoting the production of melanin, while some tanning lotions contain melanin which accelerates the tanning process.
- L-tyrosine— This is another common component in tanning lotions. It is a tanning accelerating ingredient that gets you a darker skin faster.
- Tea Tree Oil— This is an essential oil that is used as an antiseptic for the prevention of skin infections. The oil penetrates the outer layer of the skin and mixes with the oil contained in the body to treat or prevent sun burn.
- Copper— Copper-based tanning lotions are usually used indoors. A copper-based tanning lotion allows you to get an even tan.
- Green Tea— Tanning lotions which contain green tea are better absorbed by the skin. The ingredient also helps moisturize the skin while providing UV protection from the sun’s rays.
Skin Tone Type– Before getting a tanning lotion it is important to first figure out your skin type. The following are a few skin types so you can find out which category you belong in before getting an outdoor tanning lotion for fair skin.
- Skin Type 1— Those who fall in the first category have light or pale skin and red hair and are extremely sensitive to light. Such individuals can have a tough time trying to get a tan.
- Skin Type 2— Those who fall in this category are able to develop a very light tan. These people usually have blonde hair and a white or beige skin tone. They also burn easily, but can develop a tan.
- Skin Type 3— Those who come under this category have normal sensitivity to the sun’s rays. While they do burn, they are able to develop a tan. These individuals have a darker skin tone as compared to the previous two categories.
- Skin Type 4— This skin type has no trouble handling sunlight and individuals with this skin type can develop a tan without difficulty.
- Skin Type 5— Those who fall under this category have naturally darker features, hair color and skin tone. It doesn’t take much time for these individuals to get a tan either at a tanning salon or outdoors.
- Skin Type 6— Those individuals who fall under this category are of African descent and have extreme tolerance to sunlight. These individuals may develop a tan, but it only makes a slight effect on their already dark skin tone.
Solar Protection— All outdoor tanning lotions offer some level of protection from the sun’s rays, since you are going to be spending a good amount of time outdoors while getting the tan. Read the label of the product you choose to get a better idea of the amount of UV protection the tanning lotion has to offer.
Scent– Whether it’s the best outdoor tanning oil for fair skin or tanning lotions comes in all shapes and smells, to find the fragrance you like, you will have to try out several different outdoor tanning lotions. Those who want to find a tanning lotion that doesn’t have a scent can also find one to suit their needs. The multitudes of options available in the market means it will not take too long for you to find the tanning lotion that’s best for you.
Specific Outdoor Place To Use— There is no specific place outdoors which you can use to get a tan. People often times go to the beach to get some sun or lie by the pool in their home, or even on the roof of a building to get a tan. The only requirement is to be exposed to the sun’s rays to get a tan outdoors.
Quantity— Each brand uses its own unique ingredients for the tanning lotion they produce. It is best to read the instructions that are provided on the label to find out what is the ideal quantity of tanning lotion to use.
Brand— The brand you choose will make a big difference is the level of tanning you are able to achieve. As a rule of thumb, it is always wise to go with a tanning lotion that is from a good brand to get a longer lasting tan.
Price— The price is always going to play a big factor in the type of outdoor tanning lotion for fair skin you choose. While it does not usually have an impact on the quality of the product, it’s wise to go for the more established brands that are normally a bit more expensive but deliver great results.
Benefits of Using Outdoor Tanning Lotion
- Hydrated skin — Using a good outdoor tanning lotion helps hydrate the skin while giving you an equal tan.
- Solar protection — Getting the best outdoor tanning accelerator for fair skin will also provide protection from the harmful UV rays of the sun.
- Beautiful bronzed skin — Using an outdoor tanning lotion can easily get you the coveted bronzed skin look that most people go for when getting a tan.
- Minimal or no odor — Tanning lotions are available in minimal or no odor, so you can easily find one that suits you.
- Softer skin — Using an outdoor tanning lotion provides the skin with much needed nutrients which can lead to softer, well nourished skin.
Get the Best Outdoor Tanning Lotion for Your Skin Today
Let’s be honest here. We all know that you can get a good tan by using a mobile spray tan machine anytime. But little bit of sun is good for the body and helps the body create Vitamin D, we also know that getting too much sun can be bad for you. This is why using the best outdoor tanning lotion for fair skin can keep your skin safe from the harmful effects of the sun while getting you a tan that will fill others with envy. A lotion is an easy and effective way of achieving a tan, while keeping your skin hydrated.